Beer Thread

Cisse

7 minutes ago, 2tups said:

Suspect I might be a bit of a hophead for some on here. And whilst it didn't quite reach the 'And Boulton's saved it' moment in Madrid. Had some superb fresh beer from Verdant last night. In tins as well. All the way from somewhere past you. CAMRA membership lapsed. Well, if only I'd ever joined.

Celebrating 3 points with a bottle of this.

image.jpeg

image.png

15 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Celebrating 3 points with a bottle of this.

image.jpeg

image.png

Most excellent. Got to say with a lot of stuff at work and a whole pile of other stuff going on it is wonderful to see us relieve the expectation and pressure that inevitable surrounds February and the marvellous DCFC. And as you were so good as to not mention the time you gubbed us at Wheldon Road, I'll barely mention just how much I've enjoyed the start to the new season. And everybody loves a TV show,

I had 40 different bottles of Belgian beer delivered last week, and I've just put another order in which should arrive in the next couple of days. Some for immediate needs, most for the forthcoming cricket season.

Tonight though, something a little different for me anyway - Deutsche bieren. Lidl have a very nice Oktoberfest beer in at the moment - 99p for a half litre can, so I had a couple - naturally, in my stein - to celebrate Derby's win.

Prost.

I don't read beer reviews, because everyone's preferences are different. I used to at one time, but then realised that, for me, it is a pointless exercise. I must stress that is purely a personal viewpoint, and I don't for a moment wish to discourage others from seeking the opinions of others before - or even after - they taste a brew.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I don't read beer reviews, because everyone's preferences are different. I used to at one time, but then realised that, for me, it is a pointless exercise. I must stress that is purely a personal viewpoint, and I don't for a moment wish to discourage others from seeking the opinions of others before - or even after - they taste a brew.

But you still give us your opinion of a good brew mate. So it’s not all bad.

On 06/03/2019 at 11:41, Bwash_Ram said:

If you like your beers, this guy is the best reviewer on the internet

love his catchphrase "stone the crows" when he really likes something

https://www.youtube.com/user/realaleguide

4-5 years ago, maybe.

I used to watch all of his videos when I was first discovering the wonderful variety in the world of beer - it was just before the craft beer explosion, when most breweries weren't releasing about 8 diferent beers a week and it was easier to keep track / note down the ones you wanted to try. His videos served a purpose back then.

He became a bit of a parody of himself though, did some really weird 'comedy' videos which were just bloody awful. Last year he lost pretty much all his credibility when he did a series of reviews from Greene King HQ, reviewing various beers of theirs in the company of brewery employees / the brewers themselves and giving inflated scores and reccommendations to beers which he'd usually have made entire vidsos slagging off. The bloke's a shill who's opinion can now be bought, maybe he always was?

Edited by Coconut

• 2 weeks later...

I really would like to share my week's worth of Belgian beers with you, but I haven't worked out how to reduce the image quality on my mobile phone to fit into the site limit. 'Smart phone' does not apply to the operator.

On 17/03/2019 at 16:05, sage said:

Bath Hotel Sheffield yesterday 

IMG-20190316-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20190316-WA0012.jpeg

Catching up on this forum after a couple of weeks ago, but The Bath Hotel is a brill pub (even if it’s owned by Thornbridge). Had many Saturday nights escaping from West Street in there