Only 1 League goal since December

CumbrianRam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not true, most thought he was a fantastic talent and regret selling him now. They thought he was poor because of Van Gaal's tactics, not because he is a bad player.

Bit like how he was poor here cause of Pearson's tactics? And some are saying on there he's been poor cause of Jokanovic's?

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He does look short of confidence, and really should have scored today. But his overall play was pretty good, he's got a fast speed of thought and imo will be a good signing for us, and will start scoring soon

He looked great and got in all the right positions, has speed in abundance and I'd say he's getting sharper but yes he really should have scored, then again I can't believe Frankie kept saving them!

Vydra will come good on today's showing, just needs a goal.

19 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

He looked great and got in all the right positions, has speed in abundance and I'd say he's getting sharper but yes he really should have scored, then again I can't believe Frankie kept saving them!

Vydra will come good on today's showing, just needs a goal.

Fielding played out his bloody skin tbf, I think vydra and weimann could form a very good partnership, they seemed to be on each other's wavelength today. Vydra seems to be a very intelligent player, knows what he's going to do before he gets the ball, just hope he can stick one in the back of the net soon

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fielding played out his bloody skin tbf, I think vydra and weimann could form a very good partnership, they seemed to be on each other's wavelength today. Vydra seems to be a very intelligent player, knows what he's going to do before he gets the ball, just hope he can stick one in the back of the net soon

weimann should start ahead of Wilson IMO. My worry is that with Bent seemingly past it and Martin also out of the equation we dont have any goalscorers.  

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

weimann should start ahead of Wilson IMO. My worry is that with Bent seemingly past it and Martin also out of the equation we dont have any goalscorers.  

Wilson looks unfit right now, I agree with you I think he'd have more of an impact of the bench. We really should have bought another goalscorer definately, someone to play with vydra who's main job is banging it in the back of the net- Rhodes would have done nicely

3 hours ago, nottingram said:

Bit like how he was poor here cause of Pearson's tactics? And some are saying on there he's been poor cause of Jokanovic's?

He has been poor since October last year despite Wassall building the team like the Derby of old. Fulham fans don't seem to rate him at all and consider him lazy. Imo he is finished as one of the better championship strikers. The stats back this up.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He has been poor since October last year despite Wassall building the team like the Derby of old. Fulham fans don't seem to rate him at all and consider him lazy. Imo he is finished as one of the better championship strikers. The stats back this up.

Like Vydra then.

Just now, CumbrianRam said:

Like Vydra then.

Vydra played for a very poor team in Reading last season, Martin supposedly had the best midfield in the league as people keep telling me behind him and 2 of the so called best wingers either side of him. Also whilst Vydra has been poor for nearly a year, he has more time on his side to regain the confidence he had a few years ago. I would be surprised if Martin scores 15 in a season again in his career. He is 28 this year, I doubt his game is going to improve much, if at all. I personally think his career will fizzle out like Stevie Howard's did.

20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Since the 1st of November last year, no player in the Championship has more assists than Chris Martin. 

Also since the 1st of November last year, only six players in the Championship better him for combined goals and assists. Those are McCormack, Hooper, Wells, Hemed, Forestieri and surprisingly Rotherham's Danny Ward.

Kodjia, who just cost Villa £14 million, contributed less than Martin in terms of goals and assists since last October. 

Some food for thought.

Archived