Only 1 League goal since December

CumbrianRam

Vydra is a very inconsistent goalscorer.

In his best season in the Championship, where he won the POTY and scored 20 goals, he scored eight goals in eight games with the last coming against us on the 23rd February, and failed to find the net again until the play-offs at the end of the season. 

The season after, he failed to make an impact at West Brom.

The season after, which highlights his inconsistency the most:
One goal in the opening seven.
Six goals in the following nine games.
One goal in the following 17 games!!!
Eight goals in the final 12 games. 

And now he has one league goal in nearly 10 months. 

I do think he'll come alive and score goals for us, but he'll never be reliable. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Vydra is a very inconsistent goalscorer.

In his best season in the Championship, where he won the POTY and scored 20 goals, he scored eight goals in eight games with the last coming against us on the 23rd February, and failed to find the net again until the play-offs at the end of the season. 

The season after, he failed to make an impact at West Brom.

The season after, which highlights his inconsistency the most:
One goal in the opening seven.
Six goals in the following nine games.
One goal in the following 17 games!!!
Eight goals in the final 12 games. 

And now he has one league goal in nearly 10 months. 

I do think he'll come alive and score goals for us, but he'll never be reliable. 

You could say that this young striker (who has only just turned 24), has already had spells of being absolutely prolific. If he can add a little consistency to his game then we could have on our hands one of the most exciting goalscorers in world football. 

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

You could say that this young striker (who has only just turned 24), has already had spells of being absolutely prolific. If he can add a little consistency to his game then we could have on our hands one of the most exciting goalscorers in world football. 

Bloody hell, steady on mate.

I do think Vydra will come good - but we will be at our best when we have other goalscoring threats as well. If we're playing a 4-4-2, Vydra's strike partner and the wide midfielders need to be capable of scoring goals.

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Perfect example of manipulating statistics to make a point haha. 

Lets just remove 2 and a half months of a 10 month season and use the stats from the remaining months...

I was using only that time frame as it was suggested that since October last season Martin has been poor.

Seeing as Martin was at his scoring best in the first few months of last season, I'd argue that his statistics would look even better if I ran them from last August rather than November.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was using only that time frame as it was suggested that since October last season Martin has been poor.

Seeing as Martin was at his scoring best in the first few months of last season, I'd argue that his statistics would look even better if I ran them from last August rather than November.

Well it would be better to look at those statistics. I liked Martin but I got dick and tired of watching him roll around the Floor once refs got wise to him...

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

My god, I want whatever you've been taking mate. Do you make it just for yourself, or can I order some off you?

7 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Bloody hell, steady on mate.

I do think Vydra will come good - but we will be at our best when we have other goalscoring threats as well. If we're playing a 4-4-2, Vydra's strike partner and the wide midfielders need to be capable of scoring goals.

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

My god, I want whatever you've been taking mate. Do you make it just for yourself, or can I order some off you?

I'm not saying he's like Neymar. 

But he's like Neymar.

Archived