Quick "late" update

Day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Modern technology hey?

For the sake of the podcast and probably one of the highlights of my week ( I need to get out more) I'm almost prepared to loan u my Mac mini if it wasn't for all the  on it lol 

From looking at tits to listening to tits.

13 hours ago, David said:

Another late update and one for you Android fanboys to laugh at.

When I was quoted silly amount for MacBook to be repaired I ordered a iMac, wasn't going to pay silly amount to repair and out of warranty device when it wasn't far off buying a brand new one.

Recorded last weeks Podcast on there then Apple contacted me to say they were repairing the MacBook for free.

Apple have a 14 day no hassle return policy, decided to return the iMac as I'm not rich and it went on the credit card, dropped it off at a UPS access point on Saturday as my MacBook was due back Monday morning.

At this point I ordered a new microphone with a pre amp and a longer to mouth arm to hopefully increase the volume.

MacBook arrived, turned on, kept freezing, wouldn't connect to wifi, tried to reboot and wouldn't load past 90% again. 

Contacted Apple, they are baffled as the entire logic board has been replaced. 

Was supposed to collect Tuesday but failed to pick up, came yesterday. Not expecting it back for another week or two so I've ordered ANOTHER MacBook to use as I feel helpless with just an iPad and phone. 

We jumped on Skype Monday night and Alex attempted to find a way to record and edit a Skype call. Windows has nothing that works, predictable and Scott kept getting kicked out the call. 

Should be back recording next week when this new MacBook arrives. Might be Monday or even Tuesday.

Sorry for the late update again. I'm rubbish.

So in other words....The dog ate my homework, sir.

6 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I thought what an excuse! Then I read the word 'Mac' then realized it's not an excuse as they are just awful in most ways! Stopped reading after that evil word was written :ph34r:.

You stopped as Windows was about to force update 1 of 6876446 on you and you're PC would be out of action for the next 48hrs

• 1 month later...

Not helping my self with defending Apple here but I'm unhappy to announce that last night on booting up the MacBook last night for the Podcast 3 beeps repeatedly confirmed that now my ram has ****** it.

Since September the logic board, wifi card has been replaced, now this.

On a positive note instead of repairing this again they will be replacing with like for like brand new one whilst it is out of warranty and purchased before the new consumer law came on.

A side note is I have already pre ordered the new MacBook with the intention of selling my old one, this has actually helped as a brand new will fetch more on eBay. Lucky it's bust now again before selling.

Anyhow, why am I boring you with all this, as a result the Podcast again is postponed as I do all the recording. Hopefully be back next week or the week after.

Steve Jobs wouldn't have let this happen.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Not helping my self with defending Apple here but I'm unhappy to announce that last night on booting up the MacBook last night for the Podcast 3 beeps repeatedly confirmed that now my ram has ****** it.

On a positive note instead of repairing this again they will be replacing with like for like brand new one whilst it is out of warranty and purchased before the new consumer law came on.

A side note is I have already pre ordered the new MacBook with the intention of selling my old one, this has actually helped as a brand new will fetch more on eBay. Lucky it's bust now again before selling.

Anyhow, why am I boring you with all this, as a result the Podcast again is postponed as I do all the recording. Hopefully be back next week or the week after.

is your ram different from our ram?

13 minutes ago, David said:

oh by the way, @Phoenix is selling a lovely Toshiba laptop, one careful owner and doesn't have the Windows curse :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

how much are you expecting to sell it for?

If it's brand new sealed I would guess around £850 maybe, I've not looked yet tbh but Apple prices hold well, new prices have gone up as well last month so mine is £200 more than what I paid. Refurbished/2nd hand around £750. 

It's probably worth a little more as a lot of "professionals" are not happy with the removal of USB and SD card slots on the brand new ones which should be delivered next week so they are all going for the late 2015, early 2016 models

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Are you sure the dog dint pee on it during the recent fireworks event?

Positive, I'm super paranoid with all my expensive gadgets, never leave near drinks, reach of pets anything....look at the iMac you had off me, wouldn't know it was second hand to look at and I had that a couple years 

3 hours ago, David said:

Positive, I'm super paranoid with all my expensive gadgets, never leave near drinks, reach of pets anything....look at the iMac you had off me, wouldn't know it was second hand to look at and I had that a couple years 

ah, non bad.

Archived