Is this job to big for Pearson

whaley bridge Ram

28 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

I am on the record as not really liking him as a person, some of his antics previously I strongly disagree with however he is  here now and should be given a season at least UNLESS there is a major disater such as a being in the relegation zone in new year...

Why should being in the relegation zone at New Year matter - you either want to give him time or you don't!

Personally I don't, why let him completely destroy everything, an as comparisons to previous managers are in, is he to be the new Tommy Doc!?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why should being in the relegation zone at New Year matter - you either want to give him time or you don't!

Personally I don't, why let him completely destroy everything, an as comparisons to previous managers are in, is he to be the new Tommy Doc!?

well if you are going to hire a manager you have to let him do it his way

On 13/09/2016 at 07:58, toddy said:

We need to get away from the old style of slow, pass, pass, slow, pass, pass.

Look how quick Burton and Toons got forward.

He is trying to change the old style but some are still there..............

And is he not a good enough manager to get this idea across to the players he has?

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And is he not a good enough manager to get this idea across to the players he has?

Perhaps  some are stuck in a rut and have spent a couple of seasons playing the slow pass pass style we seem to be moving away from. Also it does not help when we have a player like Thorne out, someone able to move the ball quickly and accurately.

If we had Thorne now - it would mean Hughes could play further up ........Until Thorne comes back we have to try and make do, I think he is a big miss for us.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Perhaps  some are stuck in a rut and have spent a couple of seasons playing the slow pass pass style we seem to be moving away from. Also it does not help when we have a player like Thorne out, someone able to move the ball quickly and accurately.

If we had Thorne now - it would mean Hughes could play further up ........Until Thorne comes back we have to try and make do, I think he is a big miss for us.

Well as I say, does not say much for his managerial ability if he can't teach players new things because they are 'stuck in a rut'. What happened to all of his experience that you kept on going on about?

As for Thorne we all knew he would be out for a while and if the manager thought he didn't need replacing or we could get by without him it would make me question how much he bothered researching our team.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well as I say, does not say much for his managerial ability if he can't teach players new things because they are 'stuck in a rut'. What happened to all of his experience that you kept on going on about?

As for Thorne we all knew he would be out for a while and if the manager thought he didn't need replacing or we could get by without him it would make me question how much he bothered researching our team.

Thorne is a massive miss for us and trying to replace him with either Bryson or Hughes is not working too well [one likes to run up front linking up the front line and one likes to create play in the middle - but maybe we have no alternative till Thorne comes back.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Except a Leicester lad throu and throu, oh I forgot played for Leicester City as well.............

Also wasn't Lineker instrumental in bringing together a consortium that helped to revive the fortunes of LCFC? As I previously mentioned, seems some foxes fans are intent on re writing history. A few folk who claim to support the club must really have it in for some former players and managers....

23 minutes ago, toddy said:

Thorne is a massive miss for us and trying to replace him with either Bryson or Hughes is not working too well [one likes to run up front linking up the front line and one likes to create play in the middle - but maybe we have no alternative till Thorne comes back.

Yet our manager thought it was more important to spend £8m replacing our top goal scored from the previous 3 seasons?

I swear some fans would be content if we changed managers every 1/4 season unless we were top 2.  Where has this all stemmed from? It's a disgrace.  The club are one rash sacking (Pearson) away from being tarred with the Leeds United brush, and we all know how that ends up. 

A little patience is needed, if that isn't obvious and you want instant success then stick your ST on Ebay until Pearson has had some time to embed his philosophy on the club.  Use the money you make to fund six months of garden centre visits with the wife.    

3 minutes ago, robglosta said:

I swear some fans would be content if we changed managers every 1/4 season unless we were top 2.  Where has this all stemmed from? It's a disgrace.  

It's come from the 'philosophy', no doubt put about by managers. that they need a whole season or more to be judged on. Phuket why can't we make a decision as to whether they know what they're doing sooner than that? The examples of success are far rarer than the confirmations of failure. Pearson isn't even gonna deliver 'entertainment'!

Just think where Watford would be right now, if they'd only given the manager time!

4 managers in their promotion season, wasn't it, the one who got them up let go, the one who kept them up let go, fools.

I'm not sure of the point I'm making, but it's a good un.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet our manager thought it was more important to spend £8m replacing our top goal scored from the previous 3 seasons?

If you don't do as you are asked by your manager then you are replaced, no different to any other job.

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

I swear some fans would be content if we changed managers every 1/4 season unless we were top 2.  Where has this all stemmed from? It's a disgrace.  The club are one rash sacking (Pearson) away from being tarred with the Leeds United brush, and we all know how that ends up. 

A little patience is needed, if that isn't obvious and you want instant success then stick your ST on Ebay until Pearson has had some time to embed his philosophy on the club.  Use the money you make to fund six months of garden centre visits with the wife.    

Pearson needs the entire season because of his prior track record of getting a team promoted. Managers without that experience get 6 games before they should be  sacked. 

Archived