Corrupt premier league refereeing?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think the whole 'did the ref see it' rule is wrong anyway, his interpretation having seen it may have been wrong, there is no fault in that it happens, there are plenty of things going on, its no different to a player appealing a red and getting it revoked, the refs view of that was wrong so it can clearly be wrong of any incident on a football pitch.

But the fact the premier league may be telling refs to lie to get around this rule is worrying, can of worms maybe.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

it was nothing to do with the league. They aren't implicated.

True, misread that bit, same concerns apply though.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I do think the whole 'did the ref see it' rule is wrong anyway, his interpretation having seen it may have been wrong, there is no fault in that it happens, there are plenty of things going on, its no different to a player appealing a red and getting it revoked, the refs view of that was wrong so it can clearly be wrong of any incident on a football pitch.

But the fact the premier league may be telling refs to lie to get around this rule is worrying, can of worms maybe.

Mike Dean was apparently told a few years ago not to give any red cards in the Man Utd v Arsenal game, no matter how serious the fouls were, I don't know if that is true but if it is then it is a bit worrying. The suspension of Aguero is the right decision but went about the wrong way. The ref clearly saw that Aguero elbowed Reid but did not put it into his match report. Corruption is certainly around in football, as seen in the Serie A scandal. It's only a matter of time before it is properly revealed in England. The game in England isn't squeaky clean like everyone makes out, as seen with Halsey's comments. If the revelations are true then it could potentially cost the premier league millions because people may start to watch other leagues as they may brand their leagues as corruption free

51 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mike Dean was apparently told a few years ago not to give any red cards in the Man Utd v Arsenal game, no matter how serious the fouls were, I don't know if that is true but if it is then it is a bit worrying. The suspension of Aguero is the right decision but went about the wrong way. The ref clearly saw that Aguero elbowed Reid but did not put it into his match report. Corruption is certainly around in football, as seen in the Serie A scandal. It's only a matter of time before it is properly revealed in England. The game in England isn't squeaky clean like everyone makes out, as seen with Halsey's comments. If the revelations are true then it could potentially cost the premier league millions because people may start to watch other leagues as they may brand their leagues as corruption free

I can't wait for the Italians to brand their league "corruption free". Spains League is a protection racket for Barcelona and Real Madrid, France only has one team who wins anything and Germany aren't far behind either. I don't really think a bit of corruption is really going to lead to people switching from the Premier League to another league. It will still be the most interesting league and will still be the one that draws all the money and spectators.

I can't believe ref corruption would be present in the English game. They know they would be burned at the stake by our media if it ever came out.

Refs however can be incompetent, distracted and intimidated by players. They also have different approaches, which can make them look cavalier or overly strict.

53 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I can't believe ref corruption would be present in the English game. They know they would be burned at the stake by our media if it ever came out.

Refs however can be incompetent, distracted and intimidated by players. They also have different approaches, which can make them look cavalier or overly strict.

Man City fans have a crazy theory that the English media outlets like sky sports know about the corruption and are trying to cover it. Very paranoid bunch 

Is this incident about refs not punishing an incident during the match and then "not seeing it" so the FA can rightly ban a player for the offence? That's different to them being paid or instructed to make wrong decisions.

its basically rewriting the rule that if a ref has seen an incident them video evidence can't he used against the player later. Why not just rewrite the rule to allow referees to review match footage for serious foul play that was either seen and misinterpreted of may have been missed.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

Is this incident about refs not punishing an incident during the match and then "not seeing it" so the FA can rightly ban a player for the offence? That's different to them being paid or instructed to make wrong decisions.

its basically rewriting the rule that if a ref has seen an incident them video evidence can't he used against the player later. Why not just rewrite the rule to allow referees to review match footage for serious foul play that was either seen and misinterpreted of may have been missed.

Agreed, I would also mic up refs..... Nearly every sport now has them..... What are players and managers so frightened off I wonder? 

On 3 September 2016 at 17:31, McLovin said:

No doubting there is corruption in the game, any sport will have match fixing and drug use that goes undetected but you're being a tad harsh with the Aguero incident, how many times with different camera angles did you see it before calling red?

You look at a players leg, a hottie in the crowd for a second and you missed it, no replays, no magic eye to consult.

Plenty of incidents to go unpunished not through corruption but not looking for a split second.

Maybe he did see it but there's no way anyone can say for sure.

17 hours ago, davenportram said:

i agree with this, the other option is just go back to the old way of drawing a line under a match once its finished.

It does seem that some incidents end up being punished and others not, its also like looking at red cards, some seem to get recinded and others not and there doesnt seem consistency. If you just said tough the game is over whats done is done then there can be no arguments after.

Archived