January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

The worest theu can say is no or depands how much he wants to play first team football.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

The worest theu can say is no or depands how much he wants to play first team football.

He's on a major long term value contract.... enough said really.... he's a squad player - like almost his entire career and he's at a decent PL club - why move? Why derby and not Newcastle, Norwich, Brighton? Unbelievable 

Not sure Shane Long would come here. Would love him here but majorly doubt it, worth an enquiry though.

I hope we are in for Afobe or Winall as. It's score goals in this division, both can hold onto the ball and play as loan strikers I believe (correct me if I am wrong). But that's the sort of centre forward we need to look at to link the play and bring our abundance of wingers into play. As well as the centre forward being able to get in behind like these two can. 

I might be alone here but I've always thought Brett Pitman would be a decent signing for us. Maybe he's not the prolific goalscorer that many people say we need but in order to get one of those we'd probably be looking at spending about £10m minimum, plus I feel like given the time Vydra will start knocking quite a few in. Pitman would definitely be a cheap alternative to Christ Martin.

Also, I think Ademola Lookman of Charlton would be a decent signing. Good youngster with good sell on value. Could argue we don't need another winger though.

6 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

few tweets linking our andi with a move to charlton on loan... personally think this is a load of ****, but who knows

It's bs mate and stop believing things from social media. 

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

Scott Hogan at £15mil a joke

i would go with Tom Lawrence and Afobe!! that'll do us

Afobe might be off to AFCON playing for DR Congo.  

2 hours ago, SIWY said:

With suggestions like Afobe and Hogan how much do people think we have to spend this January? Either of them would cost over £10m easily and I just can't see that happening this January.

Yet you previously mentioned Lookman who is interesting Everton with a £10m price tag? I don't see us spending that sort of money unless it was on someone like Afobe who is proven at this level and beginning to establish himself in the Premier League. For this reason I think Bournemouth will hold on to him so he's probably a non-starter.

I wouldn't be surprised if McClaren will be looking at the loan market in January rather than bringing someone in on a permanent basis.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Yet you previously mentioned Lookman who is interesting Everton with a £10m price tag? I don't see us spending that sort of money unless it was on someone like Afobe who is proven at this level and beginning to establish himself in the Premier League. For this reason I think Bournemouth will hold on to him so he's probably a non-starter.

I wouldn't be surprised if McClaren will be looking at the loan market in January rather than bringing someone in on a permanent basis.

Didn't realise clubs were looking at Lookman for that much in all honesty, I had seen him linked with Everton but I just assumed that it was paper talk and there was little substance to it. Given that they aren't exactly pulling up any trees in League 1 and their off the field issues I thought he may have been available for relatively cheap, but apparently not. If Charlton are looking to get that much for him then I wouldn't even consider him, he's really not proven enough to demand that sort of fee for a club like Derby.

Agree with you about McClaren looking at the loan market as it's something he's done in the past here.