Regardless of opinion…

cannable

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Wow thanks. 

It isn't hearsay. It is from a very good source. I don't claim to be ITK every 2 minutes. It is corroborated by SDSR. 

Can I also point out, it doesn't put the blame on anyone, it isn't directed at management or players, it was just a general comment of the atmosphere at Moor Farm.

Why wouldn't i pass on what i have heard? It's ludicrous to suggest I wouldn't.

As anyone who isn't reading off the Pearson script is being vilified I think I will take a break for a while.

Not really any need for personal comments.

Sage, it's gossip, it's hearsay, because it's one conversation repeated to another and another and another, and probably getting twisted up along the way, which is the definition of gossip. And it's usually started with someone who has an agenda. 

I don't like agendas, or gossip, or doomsday predictions, or wild speculation, I like facts, and analysis and debate, and I don't care what side it's on, as long as it's thought through. 

Not passing it on being ludicrous? You make a judgement call. If I passed on every bit of gossip I'd have heard in my life I would be involved in a soap opera style drama every other day. Not all hearsay needs to be aired, cos some of it adds nothing to the benefit of anyone. Anyone taking what you say as gospel, now has a worse opinion of the players and the club and that's everything we're trying to get away from. How does this help?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

You asked questions that are made up scenarios. Making things up. Why would I ask random questions? Not that i am in a position to ask questions, just passing on what I have heard, you know with this being a DCFC Fans forum. 

They were just questions. Get the arse if you like but they were just questions. If you don't know the answers, it's ok to say so. 

The opening post was absolutely nailed. 

You all know my feelings on Melvin..... 

Anyways regarding players being "disgusted" etc....... It's about time they learn to evolve and adapt and accept change..... If they don't like it, the door is always open, it ain't shut. 

Football in general is living in a complete bubble from the rest of the world at the minute. All this talk of "shambles" and "disgusted" is grating me..... They've probably got the job most football fans would dream for. We as fans work hard (well some of us) in the week and hope to see a bit of pride and effort on the football from the club they have loved all their lives.

I really hope Mel now sits their and realises that now, he has the courage to watch the football side of things change and stick with the ideas of Nigel etc on what's best for the football club.

I fear the revolving door carrying on though. 

To pinpoint where we started to really go wrong. A clash of egos early 2015 contributed to this. Mac and Mel we can't deny, have big egos. One had to give..... Unfortunately for Mac, Mel had the power..... Whatever you say about Mac..... He had at least another transfer window and at least a run to Christmas 2016 in him.

Yet we whipped ourselves into a frenzy regarding Newcastle..... And this played right into Mels hands.

Anyways I digress..... Mel, this is where I hope you have learned from your mistakes.... Have courage, have integrity and above all else...... Have the honesty and decency to sit tight and accept the change that Pearson brings. I have faith (just about) for you to do this. Which isn't bad considering I have probably been one of your biggest critics throughout your tenure.

Adapt and evolve, or get left behind..... We're not big, we ain't going to pretty, but I do hope this change will be for the better, as long as the door doesn't keep revolving. 

Regards the Mafia

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Maybe they should have put a bit more effort in to begin with, then the boys club wouldn't have been sold

Not this rubbish again. Players always put in the effort, you have to be mad to think they don't. Do you think they enjoy losing? Of course they don't. They are all extremely proud people who become the most ridiculouly someptetive people on the planet once the whistle blows.

2 hours ago, David said:

I'd love to know what they thought about Friday v Burton. Shambles doesn't come close to it, whilst you can argue the tactics wasn't right, they didn't look like they could be arsed to be on the pitch. 

Looks like it's the start of a much needed clear out. Round up those that are disgusted and get them on eBay for January, can't keep blaming the managers and letting the players off the hook. 

They were outplayed by a Nigel Clough team where everyone knew their jobs and did them down to perfection, whilst ours simply didn't because they aren't used to or suited to the system Pearson tried to play. None of this not trying stuff, just players looking confused. Instead of blaming the players effort, it makes me wonder what Pearson has been doing on the training pitch for 2 months that players he has seen from day one seem to have no understanding of the way he wants them to play.

wow , if the atmosphere at Moor Farm is as toxic as on this forum then god help us , i think we should all get back to doing what we should be doing and thats supporting Derby County , what has happened yesterday and since the start of the season is FOOTBALL , you do not have a divine rite to win a football match , you never always agree with a management decision , players spit their dummies out when they feel unloved , the only constant in football is us the fans , who turn up week after week in the hope our team earns 3 pts , so starting against Newcastle give every ounce of your support , the club needs us all onside more than ever , lets see if we can get that Premier dream TOGETHER

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

They were outplayed by a Nigel Clough team where everyone knew their jobs and did them down to perfection, whilst ours simply didn't because they aren't used to or suited to the system Pearson tried to play. None of this not trying stuff, just players looking confused. Instead of blaming the players effort, it makes me wonder what Pearson has been doing on the training pitch for 2 months that players he has seen from day one seem to have no understanding of the way he wants them to play.

We wasn't just outplayed, we was out desired, out efforted and that's not even a word. Blaming tactics can only get you so far. It didn't looking like confusion to me, looked like they would rather be anywhere but on this pitch right now. 

It will take time, 2 months on the training ground is nothing, you need competitive games on the pitch to tweak things, you can build the greatest looking car in the garage but if it does't drive well, you need to play around with the parts. And that's a **** analogy as well because you don't have pistons that can't be arsed in an engine.

I know what I mean anyway.

1 minute ago, David said:

We wasn't just outplayed, we was out desired, out efforted and that's not even a word. Blaming tactics can only get you so far. It didn't looking like confusion to me, looked like they would rather be anywhere but on this pitch right now. 

It will take time, 2 months on the training ground is nothing, you need competitive games on the pitch to tweak things, you can build the greatest looking car in the garage but if it does't drive well, you need to play around with the parts. And that's a **** analogy as well because you don't have pistons that can't be arsed in an engine.

I know what I mean anyway.

I simply don't agree with that, so something tells me I'll have to leave at that.

Yes you do need games to tweak things, but the worrying thing is that we don't appear to be doing that. We'll see what the Newcastle match has in store.

Ha, you've obviously never driven a Daihatsu then!

10 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Yes you do need games to tweak things, but the worrying thing is that we don't appear to be doing that.

Slightly unfair as we have tried several formations this season already with different players in there tweaking things, Pearson hasn't just stuck with one idea and stubbornly refusing to try anything new. Burton 4-2-3-1 came out with Hughes and Bryson sitting deep, we change formation with substitutions as early as half time from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2, plenty of tweaking going on, maybe it's time we settled down a little. With hindsight the cup games should have also been used to stick with the same team, get some consistency on the pitch....maybe you're right with the confusion but you're definitely wrong with the lack of tweaking.

The more I write the word tweak I fall in love with it more, tweaking tweaking, say it out loud, it's really nice word, slightly funky

2 minutes ago, David said:

Slightly unfair as we have tried several formations this season already with different players in there tweaking things, Pearson hasn't just stuck with one idea and stubbornly refusing to try anything new. Burton 4-2-3-1 came out with Hughes and Bryson sitting deep, we change formation with substitutions as early as half time from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2, plenty of tweaking going on, maybe it's time we settled down a little. With hindsight the cup games should have also been used to stick with the same team, get some consistency on the pitch....maybe you're right with the confusion but you're definitely wrong with the lack of tweaking.

The more I write the word tweak I fall in love with it more, tweaking tweaking, say it out loud, it's really nice word, slightly funky

Tweak was probably the wrong word to use. More looking for any sign of improvement, which I haven't seen.

The last couple of seasons I have read about how Mel is a control freak and posts ridiculing him for his "Derby way" comment. Clough was given stick for the way he handled players and the negativity that was shown if we went a goal up. McClaren was praised for the turn around v Ipswich and for some of the football we played, but was slagged off for never having a plan B, the selection for the play off final and for signing players like Albentosa. Clement was just slagged off for everything.

Mel has now brought in a manager instead of a coach who has to work to a plan. A manager who is in control of all first team affairs and has the final say in who comes and goes in terms of playing staff.

Can somebody please tell me what it is they want from the owner of the club?

Do they want a tyrant who controls everything and buys players without asking the manager/coach?

A tyrant who dictates the style of play no matter who the coach/manager is and is willing to go into the changing room if he is not happy?

Or an owner who appoints a manager and gives him full control over all football matters, including style of play and player recruitment?

What do people realistically want him to do?

12 hours ago, cannable said:

…questions need to be raised. Now from recent weeks it's clear that this forum is divided; either it's the players' fault or it's the coaching staff's. Now regardless of which opinion you take I think that there are huge question marks over our direction in terms of a club.

Mel's idea of 'The Derby Way' was for our new managers to come in and continue the work of the predecessor rather than cause massive upheaval. This would mean that improvement wouldn't be restricted to one specific tenure and that improvement would theoretically be infinite. This would also give our youth teams a model in which to base themselves off and thus allow the transition into the first team to be seemless.

In February we sacked Paul Clement for not adhering to this certain philosophy*. Part of the reason given for his sacking was that he wasn't including enough academy products in his squad but the main reason was that he was changing too much. We were a team that pressed high up the pitch, won the ball back ASAP and would then go for the jugular if possible and if not we'd control the game and speed things up the minute the opportunity arose. He transformed us into a team that sat deep, soaked up pressure and would then slowly pass the ball, hoping for an opportunity for somebody to produce some magic. We weren't improving under Clement, we were simply changing.

Mel wanted things similar to how they were under McClaren and so appointed Darren Wassall with this task. He was to undo as much of the damage as he could. He did this. He gave out wide men total freedom to inflict damage, we pressed high again and looked to play to our strengths again. We weren't at McClaren standards but any incoming manager would have seen that "this is how to get the best out of this group of players, this is what I shall build off."

Then comes the appointment of Pearson. In his press-conference Mel states that he believes that this current group of players has never had a full season at it. For one reason or another we have never been able to get the majority of our first choice starting eleven on the pitch for the majority of a season and that he believed that they deserved a crack. Pearson himself stated that we need tweaking. Things sound as if we're going to give these players another go at it. That Pearson was the man to get the best out of this squad.

And so two months later we find ourselves with the entire dynamic of our attack altered, our squad still seemingly half suited to possession football and the other half to counter-attacking football and out fabulous attacking team having only scored one league goal which was from a defender. 

What's happened? Everything that has happened thus far this season has contradicted the decisions made last season and thing things stated in Pearson's press conference. Clement was sacked for too much change and yet Pearson has altered more in two months than Clement did in seven and yet Clement was sacked for this! The justification for sacking Clement is now null and void. If Pearson has been told behind the scenes that he can re-mould the team then fair enough, but the time we spent under Wassall's stewardship was now pointless as well. We could have spent that time with Pearson in charge deciding who fit into his plans and who didn't. If Mel hasn't abandoned his vision well, it's too late now. We're past the point of the return. The time for making Pearson adhere to his vision or face the sack was weeks ago. 

Either Mel has abandoned a philosophy which has served clubs who started in the league below us so well or Pearson isn't adhering to it. Why? 

*If you think he was sacked for ulterior reasons then please don't bother replying. 

Spot on. It seems incredibly obvious what is going wrong at the club. Mel Morris is now making a real mess of things. It seems his intentions were initially good and I as a Derby fan whole heartedly supported his cause, but now it seems he is going completely against his own ethos and it only spells trouble. 

People on here blaming the squad need their heads looking at. Its an incredibly gifted squad, and although theres many on here that would like to believe its all part of some conspiracy and the players aren't actually trying hard enough the fact is that with the right manager that group of players would be competing at the top. This whole debacle has taught me theres far more short sighted fans out there than I first thought whose wishes are simply to get to the Premier League irrespective of the damage to an ongoing build at the club. 

2 minutes ago, utisbug said:

People on here blaming the squad need their heads looking at. Its an incredibly gifted squad,

Reminds me of that quote from Moneyball: 'If he's a good hitter why doesn't he hit good?'

As 'gifted' as this squad is on paper, and as good as we know they've played in the past- the fact of the matter is that they aren't playing well, and haven't performed to their potential since, arguably, before the meltdown of Sping '15. Think back to how many times last season- even when we were pushing for top spot, where we were looking back at a 'lucky', 'ugly' or 'boring' win. At no time could you have used these words in the Wembley season. 

Whatever the magic was that Mac briefly bottled, it started to disappear after that goal. 

And (utisbug this is not aimed at you specifically) I'm sick of hearing of how we're in a mess or that this has been a shambles, amateur etc... I'm even more sick of anyone who has been following this club for longer than 5 years who think that this is a reason to stop following the club. Blimey, if you've sat through any of Jewell/Early Clough, you know it has been a hell of a lot worse than this in the very recent past.  

2 minutes ago, GreenwichRam said:

Reminds me of that quote from Moneyball: 'If he's a good hitter why doesn't he hit good?'

As 'gifted' as this squad is on paper, and as good as we know they've played in the past- the fact of the matter is that they aren't playing well, and haven't performed to their potential since, arguably, before the meltdown of Sping '15. Think back to how many times last season- even when we were pushing for top spot, where we were looking back at a 'lucky', 'ugly' or 'boring' win. At no time could you have used these words in the Wembley season. 

Whatever the magic was that Mac briefly bottled, it started to disappear after that goal. 

And (utisbug this is not aimed at you specifically) I'm sick of hearing of how we're in a mess or that this has been a shambles, amateur etc... I'm even more sick of anyone who has been following this club for longer than 5 years who think that this is a reason to stop following the club. Blimey, if you've sat through any of Jewell/Early Clough, you know it has been a hell of a lot worse than this in the very recent past.  

Try sitting through the Docherty era if you want to know how bad things can be.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

A clash of egos early 2015 contributed to this. Mac and Mel we can't deny, have big egos. One had to give..... Unfortunately for Mac, Mel had the power..... Whatever you say about Mac..... He had at least another transfer window and at least a run to Christmas 2016 in him.

Yet we whipped ourselves into a frenzy regarding Newcastle..... And this played right into Mels hands.

As someone that felt Mac deserved the sack over the Newcastle frenzy, I have to now admit I was totally wrong. He definitely deserved to start the next season.

Have to add though that in a similar vein, Pearson deserves to finish this season as a minimum

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

As someone that felt Mac deserved the sack over the Newcastle frenzy, I have to now admit I was totally wrong. He definitely deserved to start the next season.

It was a clash of egos nothing more I feel, it's a shame how sour it got. Totally with you regarding him starting the following season. Unfortunately we can't change the past can we. 

McClaren's departure had nothing to do with egos, it was to do with hearts, McClaren's was in Newcastle and Mel wanted someone that's heart was in Derby. Perhaps played a part in Clements dismissal as there was a suggestion we were seen as a stepping stone to greater things.

This is maybe Mel being a little naive and unrealistic as we're basically looking for a manager with zero ambition, every manager should want to better himself and no manager will have be as invested into this club as Mel or us.

Fans played no part in the bigger picture, this would have happened regardless of the online frenzy.

And I'm McClaren's biggest fan on here so na na na na.

Archived