Regardless of opinion…

cannable

I think having pace to burn will allow our midfield and attack to be closer together at transition point , I honestly believe that pearsons main thing at the moment is that he does nt want a team that can only be effective going forward by having the midfield bomb past our front players , I believe he wants pace in our front four and he wants the midfield supplying them but also getting up to support them fast , one of the reasons we have been so vulnerable is if our midfield as a whole has bombed on past the forward line and we lose the ball we are so out of shape it's panics stations ,,, I believe we are going to see a team working far more as a unit with pace and tempo but not being totally exposed the minute an attack breaks down or being so out of shape when we delay the final ball as often happens so much of late ,, midfield bombs on , we delay the pass and all of a sudden we are static with no shape and easily marked 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I think we'll still play with some tempo if teams are sitting back against us.

I am just thinking it will be the opposite, Nigel Pearson's Derby will be sitting back and waiting to break through counter attacks.

He has brought just that sort of players. Fast and direct; and difficult to defend against.

57 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I think all three signings were about tempo and speed. Vydra and Anya have always  played lightning fast at Watford, and Wilson appears to be quite quick too.

I guess this is why Pearson likes Bryson so much.

And Bryson is pretty much useless these days without a running mate. He needs others to chase down balls and constantly run around where as in the past he could be effective all on his own. Just depends on whether or not Pearson decides to have Bent as a starter. If he doesn't then if all things go according to plan Bryson, Hughes, Butterfield, Ince, Russell, Camara, Anya, Vydra and Wilson are going to wear opponents down. 

9 minutes ago, archied said:

I think having pace to burn will allow our midfield and attack to be closer together at transition point , I honestly believe that pearsons main thing at the moment is that he does nt want a team that can only be effective going forward by having the midfield bomb past our front players 

Pretty much. Bryson picking up the pieces in the middle and joining in counter attacks. Hughes and Butterfield sitting 25 yards away from the opponents goal when we are in and around their box and supplying through balls and balls over the top to our front line. Thorne sitting high up the pitch winning the ball back and getting it back into the mix again. 

Archived