Regardless of opinion…

cannable

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Maybe they should have put a bit more effort in to begin with, then the boys club wouldn't have been sold

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They should probably get on with their ******* jobs and stop whining like a bunch of spoilt brats then. 

A couple of their mates have gone. Boo ******* hoo. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

I'd love to know what they thought about Friday v Burton. Shambles doesn't come close to it, whilst you can argue the tactics wasn't right, they didn't look like they could be arsed to be on the pitch. 

Looks like it's the start of a much needed clear out. Round up those that are disgusted and get them on eBay for January, can't keep blaming the managers and letting the players off the hook. 

This reminds me of the Tories with the NHS, Run something down and organise it badly then people won't fuss so much when you privatise it.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting mardy because their mates have been sold is a bit pathetic, I agree with that much. However I also think that it's pathetic that our own fans seem to be...well the only word for it is 'bloodthirsty'. 

"They're upset? Good! Sell em all! Grrr!"

No good foaming at the mouth, I'm sure you can't be that incensed with a team that's given you high finishing results in previous years, even if they did fail at the final hurdle.

"More more more, gimme gimme gimme, now now now"

4 minutes ago, ashram said:

Who's completely rebuilding the team? We've sold a striker who hasn't been scoring in a long time. Ince has scored more in the last 20 or so games. And a midfielder from an overstocked midfield. Calm down everyone. 

The last goal Martin scored was on the same day as the last goal Vydra scored. So by your logic we've signed a striker who hasn't been scoring for a long time, and therefore should be shipped out.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

This reminds me of the Tories with the NHS, Run something down and organise it badly then people won't fuss so much when you privatise it.  

Don't be silly. 

What has your horse's mouth told you about Martin's influence on the squad? Or his behaviour off the pitch? what'shis body language been like on the pitch?

perhaps there's more to it. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Don't be silly. 

What has your horse's mouth told you about Martin's influence on the squad? Or his behaviour off the pitch? what'shis body language been like on the pitch?

perhaps there's more to it. 

So i'm being silly and then you make 3 things up to support your argument. Great, 

16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They should probably get on with their ******* jobs and stop whining like a bunch of spoilt brats then. 

A couple of their mates have gone. Boo ******* hoo. 

Ever thought that they may want success and feel undermined by the leading scorer for the last 3 seasons being loan to a promotion rival, their no2 keeper being replaced by a goalkeeping coach from Yeovil and the club coming out of a window picking a side (unless they go 352) who could mark someone at a corner and without any physical presence up front or in midfield, with no midfield who can defend. Shambles. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm not making things up. I asked you questions. 

You asked questions that are made up scenarios. Making things up. Why would I ask random questions? Not that i am in a position to ask questions, just passing on what I have heard, you know with this being a DCFC Fans forum. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Is it possible to think that yesterday wasn't a shambles?

It very obviously was, and I've got no idea how it's possible to **** the PR up that badly. Gibson needs shaking. Why the hell did we leave Weale's announcement to 11pm dot on?

I don't think we made bad decisions in terms of the actual ins and outs, but signing Anya and then shipping Martin out at 10.55pm is just ridiculous when we've had all bloody summer to do it. Surely we could have done it any time over the weekend when we knew Vydra would be the new man leading the line.

Just bizarre all round.

That said, I'm sick of the players seemingly kicking off at the drop off a hat with Clement, Wassall and now Pearson.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

You asked questions that are made up scenarios. Making things up. Why would I ask random questions? Not that i am in a position to ask questions, just passing on what I have heard, you know with this being a DCFC Fans forum. 

Where I come from 'just passing on what I have heard', when that piece of idle gossip is hearsay, uncorroborated and poisonous, the passer on is thought of as a **** stirrer and not really helping out with the issue, but adding to it. 

29 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Getting mardy because their mates have been sold is a bit pathetic, I agree with that much. However I also think that it's pathetic that our own fans seem to be...well the only word for it is 'bloodthirsty'. 

"They're upset? Good! Sell em all! Grrr!"

No good foaming at the mouth, I'm sure you can't be that incensed with a team that's given you high finishing results in previous years, even if they did fail at the final hurdle.

"More more more, gimme gimme gimme, now now now"

I'm ok with the players being upset that their mates have been sold, it's natural, you build up relationships on and off the pitch and when your bro is taken away from you you're going to feel down but that's football. 

I'm not ok with players calling it a shambles and being disgusted, when you read Jeff Hendrick wooing the Burnley press with I've been waiting for a bid, wished it was done sooner, too good for the Championship now he's had a decent Euro's. Throw in the performances on the pitch that have been a shambles and disgusting, you can blame tactics but I'm not buying into the idea that these players are only suited to 4-3-3, they are professional footballers that have played under several managers and systems. 

They have a new manager and it takes time to adapt, fully expected but from midfield forward I can't think of anyone that has really stood out this season, theres a distinct lack of interest and feeling that we're watching pre season games, building up fitness, not good enough, it wasn't good enough under Clough, Clement or Wassall either.

Truth is this squad has seen off far too managers and I don't want to call them failures but the prime objective promotion we've failed at, it would be no surprise to me if certain players wanted out like Hendrick and this "may" have rocked the boat behind closed doors, the whole Martin deal is puzzling and the only thing I can think of is he wasn't happy either and wanted out. 

I'm not bloodthirsty at all, just thirsty to see players on the pitch giving it their all and not sulking around. If they're not aboard the Derby Premiership train jump off at the next stop. I would have loved Hendrick and Martin to be part of this, really doesn't feel right seeing our Jeffrey hold up a Burnley shirt and I cried a little inside when I saw his Twitter bio change to that backwards town up North, but let's get players in that want to take this club forward and choo choo on and if that means more of this core group leaving then so be it. 

Anya looks like he will be a breathe of fresh air, seems hugely religious so hopefully he will go in to the dressing room on Monday and remind the squad what it says in the bible about forgiveness.......I'm not exactly sure what it says but I bet it's good and I'm all up for forgiving the players, blanking out the last 5 games and starting the season at Newcastle/

1 minute ago, TrueLou said:

Where I come from 'just passing on what I have heard', when that piece of idle gossip is hearsay, uncorroborated and poisonous, the passer on is thought of as a **** stirrer and not really helping out with the issue, but adding to it. 

Wow thanks. 

It isn't hearsay. It is from a very good source. I don't claim to be ITK every 2 minutes. It is corroborated by SDSR. 

Can I also point out, it doesn't put the blame on anyone, it isn't directed at management or players, it was just a general comment of the atmosphere at Moor Farm.

Why wouldn't i pass on what i have heard? It's ludicrous to suggest I wouldn't.

As anyone who isn't reading off the Pearson script is being vilified I think I will take a break for a while.

Not really any need for personal comments.

33 minutes ago, ITSD said:

The last goal Martin scored was on the same day as the last goal Vydra scored. So by your logic we've signed a striker who hasn't been scoring for a long time, and therefore should be shipped out.

No. We've shipped out a striker who has been the focal point of a team that has failed to get promotion for the past three seasons!

Archived