Thanks Mel

CastletonRam

24 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

£25 million spent last season on absolute garbage that's made the team no better, now we're facing the prospect of not signing anyone else tomorrow. We've signed Vydra and sold Hendrick which leaves us at net profit of about £1.5 million. Still need another striker, winger, and right back at a minimum. If not it's going to be a long season. Squad have already proven they aren't even going to show up against league one fodder. What exactly is Mel doing here if he's not going to improve the squad. Bottom line if we spent better last season didn't buy so many losers on long contracts and overinflated wages and instead got players who wanted to play for the shirt we wouldn't be in this mess. Wasted another transfer window. 

This is yet again another mental, incredibly ungrateful post. I don't even know where to start, it's just complete nonsense. 

Absolutely fine example of why I can't stand our fanbase, though. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CastletonRam said:

No, I'm lambasting him for spending it on dross, not the amount itself. We'd be in the Premier League right now if it had been spent well. In a way it is about hindsight, because last year was the best chance we had and we blew it, with the TV money inflating parachute payments clubs coming down are now spending £50 million a window and taking all our targets leaving us weaker. No way we're going up this season. 

OK well the £25 million ??? Spent last season seems to go up every time someone decides to put a stupid post like this up . Who exactly was dross? We're you moaning at the time that we signed a premier league midfielder? Or one of the best attacking midfielders in the league in the previous season ? Or that we shouldn't have signed Ince? Or that we shouldn't have signed a pacey centre forward who Aston Villa fans were sad to see go ? Or one of the best centre halves in the championship who held his own the previous seasons in the premier league ? I very much doubt it . Easy to blame last seasons signings . Who cares weather or not we go up this season ? I don't.  As long as we have a good go and NP can get my the team playing a way that entertains me I'm happy . We will go up ! When we're ready . 

16 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

No, I'm lambasting him for spending it on dross, not the amount itself. We'd be in the Premier League right now if it had been spent well. In a way it is about hindsight, because last year was the best chance we had and we blew it, with the TV money inflating parachute payments clubs coming down are now spending £50 million a window and taking all our targets leaving us weaker. No way we're going up this season. 

Hindsight, back seat manager, give yourself a pat on the back! 

I bet you creamed when we signed BJ. 

13 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

No the best chance we had was when we were playing against ten men at Wembley for half the game, was that Mel Morris' fault as well I imagine 

The club already have an excellent squad of players. Pearson was employed to make the best of them which currently he isn't doing. Nothing to complain about with regards investment IMO. With the exception of Newcastle, this crop of players managed in the right way can finish top 6 easy. Villa are nothing special and neither are most teams in this league. It's all about getting a system that works and that produces results which i'm sure Pearson is working towards. Now it's all about us getting behind them and Nigel so that we can gradually see the team going in the right direction. If they don't then come next summer we can start pointing the finger. Not now. We still don't know how the season will pan out so it may turn out that minimal investment will reap rewards in the end.

45 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is yet again another mental, incredibly ungrateful post. I don't even know where to start, it's just complete nonsense. 

Absolutely fine example of why I can't stand our fanbase, though. 

Why is it the fanbase?

Its a few individuals. The vast majority of Derby fans do not post on social media.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Why is it the fanbase?

Its a few individuals. The vast majority of Derby fans do not post on social media.

We seem to have a lot of them. 

The main reason I don't go to games anymore was due to the amount of those types who used to grind at me and make it a fairly unenjoyable experience going to games. I saw our fanbase boo the team off when we were third in the league, for example.

I know all clubs have them, but the state of some supporters makes me wonder whether some of us are more evolved than others.  

Oh jesus, this is pathetic. 

Now I'm not one to defend an owner regardless, they've got to be accountable for their mistakes or we risk ending up in a state like Forest or Leeds... But I mean, we still finished in the playoffs last season, didn't we? How spoiled have we become? Camara, Ince, Shackell and Butterfield certainly are't "absolute garbage", there are tonnes of clubs that can only dream of bringing in players of that quality. 

Get a grip, we're clearly being more patient this time around and I'd prefer we make the right signings than blow a load of money that might end us up in trouble further down the line, due to FFP. And Hendrick leaving for the figure being touted I think most people on here agree is good business. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The main reason I don't go to games anymore was due to the amount of those types who used to grind at me and make it a fairly unenjoyable experience going to games. I saw our fanbase boo the team off when we were third in the league, for example.

I know all clubs have them, but the state of some supporters makes me wonder whether some of us are more evolved than others.  

Try a game at Stoke. I went with me son in law a couple of years ago and they were knocking fook out of each other in the concourse at half time

I don't hear booing in my seat at the top of the South Stand, mind you i'm usually 4 or 5 pints to the good and singing like uncle nobbhead.at a wedding.....

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Every club in the country is exactly the same though like you say. Wherever there are people, there are differences in opinion and differences in behavioural etiquette. Nothing to do with Derby or football. Just how it is. So long as peoples behaviour and actions don't directly impact on me then it's best not worrying about it. It's like moving into a new street. You will get the odd household who like to act like knobs, play loud music and generally be complete *********. Most residents will be friendly and reasonable. Just like at the iPro. most decent, a few divs.

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Really? 

Well let's all go and drown them out...Ambitious, I'm a bit gobsmacked....what a shame that they've won. 

12 hours ago, Kernow said:

I'd rather believe Owen Bradley over some journalist with 4,000 followers. Bullshit transfer accounts have more followers than that. Take away the blue tick and nobody would listen to a word.

For what it's worth I know Laurie & we're actually good mates from Uni.

He's certainly no bullshitter.

I suspect we're being told slightly different things by similar people, which is a regular hazard of the transfer window!

13 hours ago, rynny said:

24 hours left of the window, bit early for this?

Perhaps, but if the players we are after really wanted to sign for us they'd be here by now. We needed a clearout in the summer but it never happen sadly. I wonder if anyone has bid for ANY of the players we paid over £25 Million last season ???.

Archived