who is going to portvale

B4ev6is

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly not. Donny is easier for me to get to so i'll go that one instead but would like to have gone tonight. The trip across from north of Chesterfield to Ashford in the water / leek / burslem across the peaks is just too much of pain the ass for such an irrelevant contest. Hats off (not Inveruries though :D) to anyone going tonight.

I'm not. Won't go to any of the home matches in the competition either - I simply don't support the decision to let the reserve sides of higher league clubs play in a competition that is the only realistic way lower league clubs get a chance at playing at Wembley. Devalues the competition, stops lower league teams having their big day out and is most likely a backdoor way of trying to intriduce 'B' teams into the lower leagues.

19 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm not. Won't go to any of the home matches in the competition either - I simply don't support the decision to let the reserve sides of higher league clubs play in a competition that is the only realistic way lower league clubs get a chance at playing at Wembley. Devalues the competition, stops lower league teams having their big day out and is most likely a backdoor way of trying to intriduce 'B' teams into the lower leagues.

have to agree with that, it'll be a sad day when the premiership get their own way and have b sides playing in our lower tiers 

but hats off to b4 and any others that are going, proper commitment that. 

17 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

What are our realistic chances of getting to Wembley? And don't say the playoffs because they have them in L1&2 as well. Why should our first team not be in this competition if it's about giving teams a big day out?

On the other hand, it still gives the smaller teams a chance of winning a trophy, because these kids aren't going to be world beaters no matter what badge is on their chest. And it means our youngsters test themselves against league one and two opposition without having to go through the uncertainty and stress that goes with sending a youngster out on loan on the other side of the country.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well tonight at least young lads gave a bit of a go. But none looked ready yet but there was one a number 43 who ever that was.

How many Rams were there B4?

Popped into our Tesco next to the Proact tonight at about half 7 and you wouldn't have known there was a game on. Chez v Wolves U23, about 950 there apparently with over 100 Wolves. I think it's safe to say that those who made the decision to change the format have made a terrible competition even worse. Credit for going and supporting the youngsters anyway.

10 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

How many Rams were there B4?

Popped into our Tesco next to the Proact tonight at about half 7 and you wouldn't have known there was a game on. Chez v Wolves U23, about 950 there apparently with over 100 Wolves. I think it's safe to say that those who made the decision to change the format have made a terrible competition even worse. Credit for going and supporting the youngsters anyway.

Archived