Bright Osayi-Samuel

Carl Sagan

Apparently we're in the "race" to sign Blackpool's young Nigerian midfielder Bright Osayi-Samuel:

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20221

I'm pleased since I did suggest him as someone we should be signing before he gets better known in the Nakhi Wells thread on 10th August:

A perfectly valid question. For forwards I was all ready to name names such as Che Adams and Diego De Girolamo but see they've moved to the Championship this window (Adams only a couple of days back!).

I'll go wiith Bradley Dack who's a young goalscoring midfielder at Gillingham and Rico Henry, a young fullback at Walsall. Bright Samuel at Blackpool (midfielder) will be very good too.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Apparently we're in the "race" to sign Blackpool's young Nigerian midfielder Bright Osayi-Samuel:

I'm pleased since I did suggest him as someone we should be signing before he gets better known in the Nakhi Wells thread on 10th August:

@Animal is a Ram posted the article up in the transfer suggestions.

Bet he wishes he started a thread now :lol:

I'm uneasy putting money into the pockets of THAT family.

I shall be in Blackpool next weekend, having a few beers with a few NAPM Tangerines.

15 minutes ago, David said:

What have the Osayi-Samuel family done to you Eddie? :o

Don't worry - I won't libel them (the Oystons) on this forum and drop you in it. More to the point, I won't drop me in it either - they do like litigation.

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you suggested him that was a good idea. An more bright ideas?

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20251

Blackpool have rejected a  £0.4 million bid, including performance-related incentives,  from Football League Championship club Derby County for the services of Bright Osayi-Samuel, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.

The Nigerian-born winger has been scouted by Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur this season and also been linked with a possible move to Brighton & Hove.

The Chief Executive at Blackpool, Alex Cowdy, says Osayi-Samuel is an important part of their plans and the club are not interested in doing business with The Rams.

Derby County had come up with an offer that would have seen Blackpool pocket 250,000 pounds transfer fee : £125,000 payable on signature and the balance to be remitted on September 1, 2017.

The Championship club were prepared to pay £50,000 for the winger’s first ten league appearances, that is £5,000 per game, and an additional £100,000 if Derby County are promoted to the Premier League within the next three seasons.

Stoke City had explored the possibility of signing Osayi-Samuel before he was scouted by Spurs and Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20251

Blackpool have rejected a  £0.4 million bid, including performance-related incentives,  from Football League Championship club Derby County for the services of Bright Osayi-Samuel, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.

The Nigerian-born winger has been scouted by Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur this season and also been linked with a possible move to Brighton & Hove.

The Chief Executive at Blackpool, Alex Cowdy, says Osayi-Samuel is an important part of their plans and the club are not interested in doing business with The Rams.

Derby County had come up with an offer that would have seen Blackpool pocket 250,000 pounds transfer fee : £125,000 payable on signature and the balance to be remitted on September 1, 2017.

The Championship club were prepared to pay £50,000 for the winger’s first ten league appearances, that is £5,000 per game, and an additional £100,000 if Derby County are promoted to the Premier League within the next three seasons.

Stoke City had explored the possibility of signing Osayi-Samuel before he was scouted by Spurs and Arsenal.

Interesting to see so much alleged detail of the financial structure of the deal. Someone on here (apologies I don't remember who) said we were offering annual instalments rather than up front fees and that's suggested here too. He'd be for our U23s, but has been in Blackpool's first team this season (in League Two). Perhaps he's more valuable to them than he is to us?

Archived