Positives From Today

G STAR RAM

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

We also lost away to Barnsley early in the season in Jim Smiths promotion season, the fans booed that day too, and we were equally inept that day too...

Took us 5 games to get our first win as well. 

Was doing my research earlier with the intention of opening a thread until I realised it had nothing to do with 4-3-3 so didn't bother.

me late father you to say - Rams always lost  / never won there first four games anyway...in any season.......so be glad for having one point!! Some stato may want to look up our 70s champions seasons  - see what the first four games were like

only way is up......

42 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I'm positive, mostyn who thought we battered Barnsley and were by far the better team, knows **** all about football 

Think that's probably a bit harsh.

Although we certainly didn't batter them we did have more of the ball and probably created the better chances.

That being said I thought they looked more likely to score again than us get back in the game.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think that's probably a bit harsh.

Although we certainly didn't batter them we did have more of the ball and probably created the better chances.

That being said I thought they looked more likely to score again than us get back in the game.

So just to clarify we didn't batter them and were not the better team!!! 

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I guess that depends how you classify being the better team?

I would define the better team to be the team who won by 2 goals but could have and should have won by 4. How about you??  Long term I have no doubt Derby will prove to be the better team and will finish above Barnsley but yesterday we were not the better team by a long long way. 

20 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I would define the better team to be the team who won by 2 goals but could have and should have won by 4. How about you??  Long term I have no doubt Derby will prove to be the better team and will finish above Barnsley but yesterday we were not the better team by a long long way. 

Not sure really. 

We had significantly more possession, created more chances, had more shots on target but the vital thing was we converted none of them.

We could have lost 4-0 but we could just as easily have drawn 2-2.

Our best chances being Ince one on one, Forsyth header and Russell shot from edge of area, there only other 'chances' were when they hit the post from 25 yards and Carson tipped over a volley from 30 yards.

I thought our style of play was poor yesterday but did not think they were significantly any better, they just seemed to want it more.

10 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Pearson was bright red after the game.. That's good, he'd hopefully had just strangled a couple of them.

God help Mel if he goes barging into the changing room under Pearson.

What a brilliant way to illustrate Mel's about-turn in how he said he would run the club!

Derby Way now re-named Derby Dead End, with a prominent sign reading U Turns Only.

Archived