Richard Keogh - new 3 year deal

Cam the Ram

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

basically people want change without change. You cannot make changes without changing things. When it comes to the end of the season, and we've bottled it, it will be the exact same things that cost us the important points.

We tried to change last season and for the most part, it also failed. £25 million was spent and I'm sure most people's strongest 11 would consist of at least 8 or 9 pre-Clement players. Keogh didn't win POTY twice and make the Championship team of the season in the 14/15 season by luck, he's a top Championship defender. He does make mistakes, as every Championship, nope, scrap that, as every defender in the world does. 

I'd argue that last season he was one of the players who should take the least amount of blame for our failings. We had our best defensive record in years and he can't single handedly go and score the winning goals in games like the 0-0 vs Burnley, 1-1 vs Sheff Wed or 1-1 vs Brighton.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy with this. Never slated him even after Wembley.... as he puts his all in to every game & as a fan that's all I want to see, Yes he has a mitake in him but tell me 1 defender in the world never to f**k up?? Defenders & keepers have the hardest job in football because one mistake & its a goal. Well done Mr Keogh.   

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

basically people want change without change. You cannot make changes without changing things. When it comes to the end of the season, and we've bottled it, it will be the exact same things that cost us the important points.

Weren't you arguing the other day about getting the best out of our current set of players instead of changing things with numerous new signings?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Grantona said:

Jeez, £40k a  week for a slightly above average championship defender - the football world is going mad.:( 

where did you get that from

30 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Weren't you arguing the other day about getting the best out of our current set of players instead of changing things with numerous new signings?

yes, but that was when you're not getting the best out of them. We've seen the best of Keogh, it's as good as the worst of Keogh. There is no more to come from him. 

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, CreweRam said:

Very happy with this. Never slated him even after Wembley.... as he puts his all in to every game & as a fan that's all I want to see, Yes he has a mitake in him but tell me 1 defender in the world never to f**k up?? Defenders & keepers have the hardest job in football because one mistake & its a goal. Well done Mr Keogh.   

Always amazes me when people blame him for wembley, yet bucko and forsyth were just as much to blame, if not more, for letting them get a cross over in the first place.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

We have changed the manager, surely he was brought in to get more out of the team?

38 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Always amazes me when people blame him for wembley, yet bucko and forsyth were just as much to blame, if not more, for letting them get a cross over in the first place.

Exactly mate! Keogh should obviously done better with the cross but he should never have been put in that situation by Forsyth & Bucko. I cant help but love Keogh and i hope his doubters are now eating humble pie! 

30 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

gifs.com/gif/4xoPmg4xoPmg

EDIT: @David or another admin, is there a way I can insert a gif into a comment so that other forum users can view it here? Thanks

Just make sure the end of the link is .gif and paste it into the editor, couple seconds later it will embed

Archived