Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to ship him out before he has one of his bad patches & whilst his value from this purple patch is high 

over on the stoke forum they cant believe grant is behind carson. What they fail to understand is that he does this though. Looks like a world beater for a few months then boom starts dropping them in his own net. He was class a couple of seasons ago until he broke his foot then came back looking like a different goalie 

I hope stoke pay near the £4m mark then after the window shuts we see the grant that Forgets how to catch a ball. Absolutely cannot stand stoke.

They've made a bid of £750k we've asked for £4m. I think we'll meet somewhere in the middle. If we get £2m or above we've had their pants down for someone with 6months on their contract. Trouble is they wont get anybody better for £2-£4m and will they take the gamble on looking else where when grant has been relatively solid & settled in the side? 

I think they'll cough up. Pay near £4m now or lose more than that in premier league place prize money by putting given back in 

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Grant will get injured before a deal is struck and we will be left with no money, a sulking player who will go for free at the end of the season.

If they have offered 1.5 million as is rumoured, we should have took it and run!

You can always rely on @MackworthRamIsGod to be the life and soul of any party.

Luckily, he's as reliable as Nixon.

56 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Grant will get injured before a deal is struck and we will be left with no money, a sulking player who will go for free at the end of the season.

If they have offered 1.5 million as is rumoured, we should have took it and run!

How much did we pay for Carson? Anyway Stoke are in teh Prem so can afford mega bucks so they should pay up, probbaly more than £1.5 million.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

How much did we pay for Carson? Anyway Stoke are in teh Prem so can afford mega bucks so they should pay up, probbaly more than £1.5 million.

Because they have more income they should pay more. Let's be honest they are looking for a goal keeper for five months. Butland will be their number one when fit.

Seven figures and we have a great deal. Why are we as fans (not Rush/Mac who are probably just negotiating) putting such a huge value on a player who would sit on a bench and probably sulk?

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Because they have more income they should pay more. Let's be honest they are looking for a goal keeper for five months. Butland will be their number one when fit.

Seven figures and we have a great deal. Why are we as fans (not Rush/Mac who are probably just negotiating) putting such a huge value on a player who would sit on a bench and probably sulk?

Agreed, but I can't see Grant sulking. Model pro.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would accept that 

10 hours ago, eddie said:

You can always rely on @MackworthRamIsGod to be the life and soul of any party.

Luckily, he's as reliable as Nixon.

Hey, I'm an absolute riot, I come on here to vent the depression, that way I can lead a happy and fulfilling life.

As for not being reliable, I always turn up when I say I'm going to, just ask your wi.....

I'm not going to be so rude as to finish that sentace, I'm watching only fools and horses and the humour is rubbing off.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hey, I'm an absolute riot, I come on here to vent the depression, that way I can lead a happy and fulfilling life.

As for not being reliable, I always turn up when I say I'm going to, just ask your wi.....

I'm not going to be so rude as to finish that sentace, I'm watching only fools and horses and the humour is rubbing off.

She said that you had no finish.

;)

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

What does it say?

Stoke City have agreed a deal to sign on-loan goalkeeper Lee Grant on a permanent basis from Derby County, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.

Grant has impressed for Stoke after winning his opportunity in Mark Hughes' starting XI, but with his loan deal due to expire on Jan. 3 Stoke are keen to resolve his future as soon as the transfer window opens.

The 33-year-old, who has helped fill the void left by Jack Butland's absence through injury by keeping five clean sheets in 14 games for the Potters, is expected to sign a two-and-a-half year deal at Stoke to become their first signing of the January transfer window.

Stoke have been locked in talks with Derby over a permanent deal for several weeks and although the two clubs had been far apart in their valuations sources have told ESPN FC that a compromise has now been reached.

Derby have dropped their initial asking price of more than £4 million, but Hughes is taking nothing for granted and warned he will look elsewhere if no deal is done by Jan. 1 because the keeper's loan runs out two days later.

Grant has made a big impression during his loan spell but is due to go back to his parent squad after the home game against Watford next Tuesday.

46 minutes ago, Derbylad01 said:

Stoke City have agreed a deal to sign on-loan goalkeeper Lee Grant on a permanent basis from Derby County, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.

Grant has impressed for Stoke after winning his opportunity in Mark Hughes' starting XI, but with his loan deal due to expire on Jan. 3 Stoke are keen to resolve his future as soon as the transfer window opens.

The 33-year-old, who has helped fill the void left by Jack Butland's absence through injury by keeping five clean sheets in 14 games for the Potters, is expected to sign a two-and-a-half year deal at Stoke to become their first signing of the January transfer window.

Stoke have been locked in talks with Derby over a permanent deal for several weeks and although the two clubs had been far apart in their valuations sources have told ESPN FC that a compromise has now been reached.

Derby have dropped their initial asking price of more than £4 million, but Hughes is taking nothing for granted and warned he will look elsewhere if no deal is done by Jan. 1 because the keeper's loan runs out two days later.

Grant has made a big impression during his loan spell but is due to go back to his parent squad after the home game against Watford next Tuesday.

Thanks for this... No fee mentioned but I understand Stoke had offered £1.5 million and we agreed to drop our demand for £4 million. 

Archived