Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

Doesn't matter what contract he owns, he is paid good money to kick a ball of wind around a pitch and do **** all for 90% of the rest of the week, if he  cannot keep to these obligations he can **** off to Newcastle which have a similar moral compass.

To put this into perspective, I have been delighted what our Olympians have achieved with very little financial support and dedication to there cause, most of them also hold down normal jobs whilst competing.

I am slowly losing motivation for modern day football, its actually the elitist attitude I have despised my entire life.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I have to say, if we're looking for a tight knit group of players willing to put their bodies on the line and die for each other do we really want a player that will down tools and refuse to play at the first sight of a more lucrative contract?! 

Or the players found out we broke the bank for a mercenary who is on double some of the other lads... I'd hope it'd be OK but I've got my reservations.

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Or the players found out we broke the bank for a mercenary who is on double some of the other lads... I'd hope it'd be OK but I've got my reservations.

I have to agree, it just seems like it's going to cause more turbulence in our already turbulent squad. I actually kind of miss the old days of Clough bringing in hungry players from the lower leagues, where you could actually see a team spirit was building off and more importantly on the pitch. I just can't relate to the mercenaries we've brought in over the past few years. I seriously think we're staring down the barrel of another rebuild and another 2-3 year plan. Mel might have said last season promotion wasn't the be all and end all I think that rings true even more so this season.

25 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Some people proper talk a load BS on here:

e3ac753de59c4421873c6c04f635469b.jpg

You sure this is genuine by the way his alleged earnings for Tax Period 12 was 720,287 quid meaning his salary would be 12 times this or £8,643,444 per annum which is a pretty random figure for a salary

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You sure this is genuine by the way his alleged earnings for Tax Period 12 was 720,287 quid meaning his salary would be 12 times this or £8,643,444 per annum which is a pretty random figure for a salary

Not sure about your pay check but my monthly basic pay is top left and pay to date is top right :whistle:

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

No he wouldn't, you're just dining out on his rep from a few years ago. He had one good season.

2 hours ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Yeah your right,  Vydra's nowhere near as good as  a £4m Blackman

And Chris Martins goal scoring record at Palace and Swindon was ?

Who mentioned Blackman? Certainly not me because I don't think he's been a good buy.

Seeing as you've brought Martin into the debate then....Vydra 42 goals In his last 138 games, Martin 54 goals in 4 fewer matches.

Clever!!!

40 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Doesn't matter what contract he owns, he is paid good money to kick a ball of wind around a pitch and do **** all for 90% of the rest of the week, if he  cannot keep to these obligations he can **** off to Newcastle which have a similar moral compass.

To put this into perspective, I have been delighted what our Olympians have achieved with very little financial support and dedication to there cause, most of them also hold down normal jobs whilst competing.

I am slowly losing motivation for modern day football, its actually the elitist attitude I have despised my entire life.

Ahhh that took me back a few years.

All this talk of not wanting him because he's got a bad attitude... do we know him personally? Spent a lot of time with him? Does George Thorne have a bad attitude after he came out and did an actual interview saying he didn't want to play for WBA anymore? 

All we can rely on is what their manager has come out and said. A manager with his own agenda to try and keep fans inside.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

All this talk of not wanting him because he's got a bad attitude... do we know him personally? Spent a lot of time with him? Does George Thorne have a bad attitude after he came out and did an actual interview saying he didn't want to play for WBA anymore? 

All we can rely on is what their manager has come out and said. A manager with his own agenda to try and keep fans inside.

Thrones a bit different seeing as it was close season and he'd just spent 6 months with us. I don't think you have to spend time with somebody to make a judgement on their character when they are refusing to play for the team playing their wages.

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Thrones a bit different seeing as it was close season and he'd just spent 6 months with us. I don't think you have to spend time with somebody to make a judgement on their character when they are refusing to play for the team playing their wages.

90% of players nowadays are scumbags and only care about who will pay them the most money. Typical example: Lescott posting pictures of cars and money when villa were relegated 

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Thorne was literally refusing to go back to the team that was paying his wages

3 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

90% of players nowadays are scumbags and only care about who will pay them the most money. Typical example: Lescott posting pictures of cars and money when villa were relegated 

I don't doubt that, players force moves all the times but to actually refuse to play must be the worst of the worst? I wonder what Nigel Pearson would make of it if one of his players was refusing to play? To be honest I think hed be quite happy if a few of them refused to play at the minute!!

Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I don't doubt that, players force moves all the times but to actually refuse to play must be the worst of the worst? I wonder what Nigel Pearson would make of it if one of his players was refusing to play? To be honest I think hed be quite happy if a few of them refused to play at the minute!!

They all refused to play yesterday 

To be honest, I view agents as one of the main problems, if everyone is happy, very few and largely uncomplicated transfers, agents are not making money. Its in the agents intrest to generate turnover in transfers and contracts. Ok, they cant directly do XYZ but they can whisper and influence (I.e. Fernando, Derby pay daft wages, at least talk to them, worst is youd get a pay rise (and my percent) out of wednesday)) and so on. 

37 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Why does that make them scum bags?

If Burger King offered you more money than McDonald's, would you not want to leave and go work for them?

Archived