How to increase the volume

TomBustler1884

How many seats in the SS are season ticket holders and how many are available to the general public, maybe continuity is the answer?

Lower season ticket prices for the SS (subsidise) and move noisier groups together, remove tickets on the day for this stand only, I went into the SS last time I went and felt awkward with unfamiliar surroundings so was pretty quiet.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As loads have said...... I think the 1884 group are doing a  great job. 

I think it's going to constantly evolve, and some things will work, and others won't. 

Personally, much prefer all the flags, rather than those cards. How long are the cards in use for? A few seconds? At least the flags are re usable. How long does it take to put out the cards, especially in a pre worked out pattern?

Surely the flags are quicker to set up. Look more effective. Can be re used. And don't end up as paper aeroplane litter, which hits people in the back of the head! 

I'm an East Stander and it's frustrating as many around me are just waiting for the South Stand to take the lead. 

A few of us will try and get chants going but almost always falls on moaning ears.

some of the other posters are right though, when the away fans are closer the atmosphere ramps up our side (when jobsworth stewards and coppers stay out the way) 

I've said before we could have loads of banter like the BBG from the South and East stands (something like instead of the left side, right side, it could be the we're the  south stand over here and we're the east stand over here) 

The banter worked brill at the old BBG, just never got it going at pride park. 

The 1884 group and anyone trying has my respect because I know that the players will react differently to support than moaning. Saturday we crying out for some passion, and regardless of what some think, it can be provided and then become contagious for the players. 

Sadly im away for the Villa game, but will continue to give my all when I'm there. 

just listening to the phone in online....first caller has got my blood boiling already

The reason the atmosphere is as it is.....Barry from Stretton

His first point. Congratulates Adam Peaty. Right...might get some stick for this but i'm sorry, wrong programme. Good achievement yes, but when I listen to the phone in i want to hear peoples opinions on players, managers, tactics, performances etc.

His second point. Thought the back 4 looked solid, thought Carson 'enjoyed' playing behind them. Doesn't know where to give credit to this new found solid back line?!?!?!?! Im sorry...did we not keep any clean sheets last season? how can 90 mins of football indicate a turnaround of such epic proportions

Mumbles on a bit, finally spits out that he'd get rid of 4 or 5 players...Brighton came with a game plan that didnt suit us. Jeez, how unthoughtful of them.

They nearly get rid of him but he quickly nips in and asks if he can make one more point :(

He used his mates daughters season ticket on Saturday, he was 'warned' by his friend that when the match starts 'people will stand up and you wont be able to see anything' his friend wanted to sit down but couldn't because he wanted to see the game.

come on...so these people have 2 season tickets in the south stand. they know what they are buying into. there are 30000 seats to choose from in the ground, of which you know that in 4000 of those it is likely you will be standing up.

The atmosphere will not improve until these people are out of the south stand.

It is clear that people are still there for a cheap time not a good time.

Rant over.

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

He used his mates daughters season ticket on Saturday, he was 'warned' by his friend that when the match starts 'people will stand up and you wont be able to see anything' his friend wanted to sit down but couldn't because he wanted to see the game.

He could have just sat down and not missed anything anyway

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Just one minor point - the moan-in is actually called "Sportscene.......", and the last I heard, swimming is a sport.

That nobody cared about until a lad from almost Derby won

2 minutes ago, JW37 said:

That nobody cared about until a lad from almost Derby won

Just because a narrow-minded person like you wasn't interested doesn't mean that everyone else wasn't. And where he comes from has nothing to do with it - he swims for Derby Swimming Club.

I presume, therefore, that you are only interested in Derby County players who were born or live in Derby?

Just now, eddie said:

Just because a narrow-minded person like you wasn't interested doesn't mean that everyone else wasn't. And where he comes from has nothing to do with it - he swims for Derby Swimming Club.

I presume, therefore, that you are only interested in Derby County players who were born or live in Derby?

I care about the sport I'm interested in. And yes it does matter where he comes from, no way he'd get a mention on the talk-in or be all over the Radio Derby twitter if he wasn't from around here. Calling me narrow minded is a little harsh but yeah well done to the lad.

17 minutes ago, JW37 said:

I care about the sport I'm interested in. And yes it does matter where he comes from, no way he'd get a mention on the talk-in or be all over the Radio Derby twitter if he wasn't from around here. Calling me narrow minded is a little harsh but yeah well done to the lad.

Of course its going to be on RD - that's why its local radio.

I'm quite happy to wave a flag, hold s piece of card and join in the chanting or just clap to a tune. But many around me in the SS seem embarrassed to do so. Is that the old being British and reserved kicking in. 

I posted the video of Huddersfield fans having a great time. They have leaders down the front of the stand and ours are stuck at the back. We can't see you so we can't always follow what your doing. 

Even the singers stop singing when the football is not good. The players need us to get behind them when they are struggling but we never seem to bother 

The 1884 group do a fantastic job and it will work. Just keep plugging away 

and please stop singing that bloody Stan Collymore song. It's embarrassing 

Move all the noisy bunch right next to the away fans, move all the moaning people that want to sit and be quiet (listen back to Radio Derby moan in from last night) to the north stand and make the seats cheaper over there. The south stand doesn't work because too many people just came for the cheap seats and not for the atmosphere, just look around and you'll see them all added nothing to the atmosphere.

When the SS became available for Derby supporters we moved our season tickets straight away from the North Stand. We wanted to be in the end with a bit more life in it and generally its a lot better. Although it was cheaper it was on the understanding that we got moved for the bigger games where away fans were given more tickets. As it was only a handful of games we were quite happy to do so and that's why it cost less. I think the best solution would be to make the north stand the same category as SS so quieter fans could go there and free up seats for noisier fans. Keep up the good work 1884, you're doing a great job! 

So here's a question. It's almost like the club need to disincentivise sitting in the south stand for people who just want to watch the game, not get involved in it. They can't say "you must expect to stand in the South Stand" because technically they shouldn't allow it in a seating area.

So, what if there was a disclaimer when you buy a season ticket saying that views may be obstructed by flags during the game? How many people would be bothered if flags kept going all game? And do you think people would be encouraged to move?

A few people have suggested a "reorganisation" of the SS. So let's say that come February and the ST info comes out saying that Blocks D & E are now for fans wanting to get involved with displays, flags, drumming and chanting all game. Blocks F, G & H will remain as it is currently. Oh, and NS is recategorised to same pricing as South.

I'm interested to know what your response would be. Do you think people who want to sit would move to the North? Do you think people would be happy to see flags during the game? How would you make sure that people who go to or stay in Blocks D & E are going to get involved? Does it need people down the front co-ordinating? Do we really think people will go along with that?

There's a huge amount of assumption that the club will go along with it (very unlikely) but if fans really think it's worth pursuing, then maybe its something we can raise.

Archived