How to increase the volume

TomBustler1884

the club will never sell a season ticket saying your view could be obstructed. 

the first step the club should take is to switch the prices. north stand has to become the cheapest area to attract the people that went to the south in the first place for the cheap tickets.

the trouble is unless you raise the south stand prices slightly people will just get comfortable and stay where they are. but why should people in the south stand be hit in the pocket to rid out the moaners? your basically asking for a standing up tax

the other problem is these people will want to be in the south stand for big games, but sit on their hands for the other 20, so probably wont move anyway.

i think the damage is done, and i dont see it being fixed anytime soon

side note...i think flags work better in the north stand. suggestion of flags and families in the north? standing/singers in the south! card displays middle of east stand for tv games? nice balance?!?!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

So here's a question. It's almost like the club need to disincentivise sitting in the south stand for people who just want to watch the game, not get involved in it. They can't say "you must expect to stand in the South Stand" because technically they shouldn't allow it in a seating area.

So, what if there was a disclaimer when you buy a season ticket saying that views may be obstructed by flags during the game? How many people would be bothered if flags kept going all game? And do you think people would be encouraged to move?

A few people have suggested a "reorganisation" of the SS. So let's say that come February and the ST info comes out saying that Blocks D & E are now for fans wanting to get involved with displays, flags, drumming and chanting all game. Blocks F, G & H will remain as it is currently. Oh, and NS is recategorised to same pricing as South.

I'm interested to know what your response would be. Do you think people who want to sit would move to the North? Do you think people would be happy to see flags during the game? How would you make sure that people who go to or stay in Blocks D & E are going to get involved? Does it need people down the front co-ordinating? Do we really think people will go along with that?

There's a huge amount of assumption that the club will go along with it (very unlikely) but if fans really think it's worth pursuing, then maybe its something we can raise.

This is the answer to solve the noise.

It would work fine just need to sort it out with the club.

1500/2000 hardcore singers would get it going but need to be together next to away fans.

Megaphone,flags,drummer,( pyro-flares (only joking)but would look good) ETC...........During the game and state that to them blocks D and E And B and C.(More blocks if needed)

Lets work to getting it to happen 

9 hours ago, stoneyram said:

This is the answer to solve the noise.

It would work fine just need to sort it out with the club.

1500/2000 hardcore singers would get it going but need to be together next to away fans.

Megaphone,flags,drummer,( pyro-flares (only joking)but would look good) ETC...........During the game and state that to them blocks D and E And B and C.(More blocks if needed)

Lets work to getting it to happen 

I love the idea and would love to be part of it but I sit in the north stand with my father in law and children , we sing don't get me wrong but I can't see them wanting to bounce for 90 minutes ! I'll enjoy watching it all take place .

12 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

When the SS became available for Derby supporters we moved our season tickets straight away from the North Stand. Although it was cheaper it was on the understanding that we got moved for the bigger games where away fans were given more tickets.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case anymore, as for the Chesterfield and man utd cup games, fans in the east stand were made to move seats to allow for the bigger away allocation. 

I really don't understand why the south stand is cheaper than the north stand.

Archived