At last .. So whos going to Karlsruhe

JG400

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karlsruher were poor in my opinion, but then I only saw the link to the stream at half-time so can only go on the second half. They finished 7th in the German second tier, not really sure how different the quality is compared to the English second tier, but they didn't look brilliant.

Has to be Hughes starting. We lacked composure and a brain in that first half. 

Blackman looks confident. Not totally effective, but confidence always helps.

Is this the beginning of the end for Martin? Seems to favour a Bent-Ince combination to a Bent-Martin combination. Both are viable options though - do we have that elusive 'Plan B'?

Back 5 is obvious.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Martin needs the lads moving pasr him so he can move make more probleams for oppersition.

In this 4411 formation, Martins role is competing with Ince for the secondary forward role. Bent or Weimann or someone else with pace to burn needs to be the front line striker.

What we learned :

Bryson excellent hendrick o dear

carson 1 superb save and solid otherwise 

Hughes was even better than I remember ... Wow. 

Blackman and Bent here to stay. 

Not sure what he said but we looked WAY better when the second half started. 

Lowe and Baird were fine replacements at full back 

didn't see much from Johnson Hendrick or weimann (apart from the nice finish) or Tom ince

still, a good result, and we really improved as the game went on. 

Np seriously needs to consider letting two from Hendrick Butterfield Johnson go. I see some very unhappy midfielders as bryson and Hughes will have to play . 

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

In this 4411 formation, Martins role is competing with Ince for the secondary forward role. Bent or Weimann or someone else with pace to burn needs to be the front line striker.

Could see Will in there too.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

What we learned :

Bryson excellent hendrick o dear

carson 1 superb save and solid otherwise 

Hughes was even better than I remember ... Wow. 

Blackman and Bent here to stay. 

Not sure what he said but we looked WAY better when the second half started. 

Lowe and Baird were fine replacements at full back 

didn't see much from Johnson Hendrick or weimann (apart from the nice finish) or Tom ince

still, a good result, and we really improved as the game went on. 

Np seriously needs to consider letting two from Hendrick Butterfield Johnson go. I see some very unhappy midfielders as bryson and Hughes will have to play . 

I think ur spot on needs to be Hughes and Bryson for me , I'd sell Hendrick and buy another striker and that would be enough to go up 

26 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Like I said, he does the hard part but total fluffs the easy part every time. Frustrating.

Didn't see him doing the hard part, easy part or any part at all last season. Clean slate. Hope he does the business.

VR- thing is that Bryson and Hughes are both creative don't lose the ball and can tackle. They do it all and do it well. 

Johnson can tackle but the lads distribution is utterly woeful. Hendrick is too soft, drifts out the game, and his passes are either amazing or more often than not to the other team. Butterfield is just Hughes Light (plus the odd screamer) but don't see how he fits in at all. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

VR- thing is that Bryson and Hughes are both creative don't lose the ball and can tackle. They do it all and do it well. 

Johnson can tackle but the lads distribution is utterly woeful. Hendrick is too soft, drifts out the game, and his passes are either amazing or more often than not to the other team. Butterfield is just Hughes Light (plus the odd screamer) but don't see how he fits in at all. 

I agree in terms of butterfield especially 

Reckon Hendrick struggles when playing deeper like today, comparing him to Hughes who is better at that side of the game is apples and oranges.

I'm excited that Pearson is happy to bench Martin. Kicking the top striker straight in the ego shows the team who's boss. Bent looked sharp second half.

37 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Don't think Martin will be starting next Saturday. Pearson clearly looking for more pace and movement from his forwards. Wouldn't surprise me to see him on his way out before the end of August. A shame but I think he may be the major outgoing of the window.

I love Martin but tend to agree with this,somethings not quite right for him at the minute.

36 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I love Martin but tend to agree with this,somethings not quite right for him at the minute.

Did you see the way we played 1st half especially? It was like Clement was back - if Martin is trying to get played when we're like that it's not surprising he's not getting on. We created very little, in fact one of the better chances was created by Martin when he pulled the ball back for Brad to blaze over!

Archived