George Thorne

ram59

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

George out until at least mid November.

Just a shame we didn't pick up a replacement in the transfer window or a loan player to cover him.

Maybe his return will be Rotherham match on the 19th Nov or possibly Norwich on the 26th?

Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

George out until at least mid November.

Just a shame we didn't pick up a replacement in the transfer window or a loan player to cover him.

I'm guessing that the manager has his eye on someone already at the club developing into playing in the GT role.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have been saying it for ages now, as much as I want him to be the midfield monster we know he could be he will never be fit for a full season. He is still fairly young but the accumulation of his injuries is going to have effects down the line. Two popped knees and a snapped leg is terrible luck.

Probably unlikely going forward, I agree, but he was fit for the whole of last season wasn't he? 

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have been saying it for ages now, as much as I want him to be the midfield monster we know he could be he will never be fit for a full season. He is still fairly young but the accumulation of his injuries is going to have effects down the line. Two popped knees and a snapped leg is terrible luck.

Yes those injuries will have taken there toll. I wouldn't expect GT to play more than 25 games a season at best.

24 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Probably unlikely going forward, I agree, but he was fit for the whole of last season wasn't he? 

Fair point, he played 30 games in total. Were it not for the leg break last season I would have a lot more confidence in his ability to stay fit due to the nature of them all put together. 

I've seen Hanson play a couple of times this season and I don't think he's quite back up to speed following his injury. He looked a bit hesitant going in to the tackle, which we all know is the strength of his game. 

He'll get there but wouldn't wish him to be more fodder for the boo boys. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think Pearson likes the idea of Hughes and Bryson sitting in our half, 2 defensive midfielders are better than 1 and all that.

Who needs attacking football and goals anyway!

I have no issue with two holding mids but we need to play one up top and one in the hole for it to work

4 hours ago, europia said:

I'm guessing that the manager has his eye on someone already at the club developing into playing in the GT role.

Am I the only one who thinks there isn't a 'GT role' any longer now we've decided to go with two in the middle? If there was I'm sure a replacement would have been sourced in the window. Who knows...

Carson

Christie            Keogh                    Shanks            Fozzy/Olsson

Thorne

Bryson          Hughes                 Anya

Wilson           Vydra

Possible set up once Thorne comes back, but that's Mid November.                          

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Carson

Thorne

Wilson           Vydra

Our Nige?

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Carson

Thorne

Wilson           Vydra

I think we are moving on from that sort of line up. Shackell dropped.... Trying to move it forward from the back quicker. 

Archived