derby first team

B4ev6is

It does look sadly buxton on his way out of the club in which i do not agree with i think we should keep him as he is a derby lad at heart. Many of you know that i dont rate blackmen or bird. I dont think blackmen does not fit into our team or our style of play but if je stays i am open to giving him a 2nd chance.

Bird for me is to slow and i still dont see what he offers id rather keep buxton than bird.

I think jeff hendrick needs to stay as well as he offers something different with him will huges and bryson this little deadly due could rip this league apart.

Butterfield could a key to our season chris powell knew how to get best out of him like he did with hudderfield town.

Maybe chris powell and nigel pearson will figue out how to get best out of bradly johnson maybe he could be used as a taget man upfront.

Tom ince judgeing yesterday playing down the middle with chris martin playing just behind ince looking give him flick on judgeing short helights.

Darren might be best used bring him on last half an hour if were winning the game or trying to get a point.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Good on you b4. Blackman might not be most people's cup of tea, but if he stays everyone should support him, so good on your for giving him a chance. 

Now all we have to do is convince @Srg to give Baird a chance if he stays ..... wish us luck.

Baird? Never heard of him, is he a youth team player?

Baird and Blackman played together on right hand side yesterday. If we are going to play that way then Baird doesn't need to get forward so much as Blackman will do that and both Baird and Blackman had solid games. 

Baird wouldn't be my first choice right back but is is dependable cover there.

Take a look at all the players over a few games @B4ev6is and then we can judge who suits the way (s) that we will play this season.

I'm pleased you're willing to see how it goes - clean slate for everyone. :)

We will all miss Bucko if he goes but none of us begrudge him a regular start at a new club if he can get it. He'll always be a Derby favourite. 

20 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Good on you b4. Blackman might not be most people's cup of tea, but if he stays everyone should support him, so good on your for giving him a chance. 

Now all we have to do is convince @Srg to give Baird a chance if he stays ..... wish us luck.

and Johnny Russell.............

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It does look sadly buxton on his way out of the club in which i do not agree with i think we should keep him as he is a derby lad at heart.

Is it wrong to tell B4 that Jake Buxton and all his family are actually Forest 'lads' at heart?

Being from Mansfield, they were all die hard Forest supporters, Buxton the same.

Saying that, his parents follow his career wherever. They go to every game he plays, so the last 7 years they've been going to watch Derby with one of the supporters branches (which I'll keep unnamed for privacy).

His whole family, Jake, Jed and his parents are all lovely honest people. They are a Forest family at heart, but since his playing career started they are pure Jake Buxton fans/supporters only.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Buxton a red i dont think so

Ask his brother, mother or father. 

When I go to away games, I go on the same bus as them. I've had many conversations with them about both their son's careers. However, since they've been going for years now, the subject is old so rarely brought up. But if asked, they are very open about anything really, including their history supporting Forest, remember that Mansfield is a very red town.

Lord Buxton will be gone soon. I wish him the best as he has been a great servant to the club and deserves a shot at regular first team football. 

I expect we will lose at least one of our big stars before the transfer window shuts but we have enough quality to see us through. Such is the life of a team in the championship. 

I would like us to keep to 4-3-3 but I can see us playing differently to last season and a change of formation is without doubt likely to happen when the season starts proper. Hopefully we stick to a formation rather than spend half the season tinkering. 

Whatever happens promotion has to be the target and anything less would be a failure. I won't buy into 3-4 year plans as we have had enough quality for years now and Nigel has inherited a good squad. It is time we finished the job. 

57 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Is it wrong to tell B4 that Jake Buxton and all his family are actually Forest 'lads' at heart?

Being from Mansfield, they were all die hard Forest supporters, Buxton the same.

Saying that, his parents follow his career wherever. They go to every game he plays, so the last 7 years they've been going to watch Derby with one of the supporters branches (which I'll keep unnamed for privacy).

His whole family, Jake, Jed and his parents are all lovely honest people. They are a Forest family at heart, but since his playing career started they are pure Jake Buxton fans/supporters only.

You have just put a knife in my buttock :mellow:

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It does look sadly buxton on his way out of the club in which i do not agree with i think we should keep him as he is a derby lad at heart. Many of you know that i dont rate blackmen or bird. I dont think blackmen does not fit into our team or our style of play but if je stays i am open to giving him a 2nd chance.

Bird for me is to slow and i still dont see what he offers id rather keep buxton than bird.

I think jeff hendrick needs to stay as well as he offers something different with him will huges and bryson this little deadly due could rip this league apart.

Butterfield could a key to our season chris powell knew how to get best out of him like he did with hudderfield town.

Maybe chris powell and nigel pearson will figue out how to get best out of bradly johnson maybe he could be used as a taget man upfront.

Tom ince judgeing yesterday playing down the middle with chris martin playing just behind ince looking give him flick on judgeing short helights.

Darren might be best used bring him on last half an hour if were winning the game or trying to get a point.

I do like your optimism and liking to give players a clean slate but this may just be a step too far! 

Archived