Benfica vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

They've played at least one game already, but they don't have new staff trying new things. They're playing exactly how they played last season which is helping their cohesion immensely.

They also sold their best player of last season Gaitan to Atletico Madrid. Them and Porto are a real template for how to deal and relace top players 

Doesn't matter how many we lose by, this will have been a much better experience than losing at ******* Grimsby. 

Just now, irobinson said:

they passed the ball beautifully

and they have some more coming on!!!

Did that lad have a bra on?

it's a fitness thing, although I don't know what it does. All our lads are wearing them in the training videos. 

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Ince looks bright on the ball.

Let's be honest, the defence we put out for both half's will be nowhere near our  starting 11, so not overly concerned.

Indeed. We've only had one Defensive starter in this game at any one time (Forsyth/Olsson) so I'm not concerned by the ease Benfica are walking through us. 

Did Pearson deliberately pick this game to utterly destroy any complacency? I think that he may have done just that. How much is a Benfica Season Ticket?. Pure class on and off the ball. Forget tiredness etc, Benfica are brilliant and in second gear.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Ince looks bright on the ball.

Let's be honest, the defence we put out for both half's will be nowhere near our  starting 11, so not overly concerned.

Think Rawson and Cover have looked better than Pearce and Buxton. Think Keogh and Shackell will be sleeping easy tonight.

Just now, ramit said:

Same here but wife says i have to have excuse, ahh fkit i've opened it

If she asks you can tell her "we missed a FK, and trust me for Derby that's a very rare occurrence".

Assuming you're a better liar than me of course.

Just now, Rampage said:

Did Pearson deliberately pick this game to utterly destroy any complacency? I think that he may have done just that. How much is a Benfica Season Ticket?. Pure class on and off the ball. Forget tiredness etc, Benfica are brilliant and in second gear.

Just what i was thinking, have them outclassed and ready for hard work ahead

Just now, irobinson said:

exposed some of our players tonight

No-one surprising though. Just the young lads and the players we should have left in our memory rather than watch it again and realise the acting is terrible. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

Neat layoff header by Chris Martin but Johnnys first touch hoofed the ball about 40 yards.

I imagine Nigel Pearson is learning a lot tonight. And not all of it positive.

All learning is positive mate.

In the Championship Bryson was away there. That Benfica defenders turn of pace was ridiculous. 

EDIT: Why are Derby players diving? Seems odd. 

Archived