Hodgson Resigns - Next England Manager?

Day

England manager  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Does Allardyces strengths even lie within the tactical side of the game?

Maybe it is time to hire a manager who can squeeze that extra 10% out of players, rather than someone can tell them how to stand in 2 banks of 4.

At the end of the day we are talking about professional Premier League players, is it really that hard for them to understand different systems?

Certainly would like to agree with the last paragraph - really would. My only hesitation is the analysis of our recent failure where the England team apparently get confused between the 433 and a 442 diamond. 

I have no issue with a more blood and thunder emotional style that someone like Sam could bring. Emotions without some tactical nous didn't get keegan very far but perhaps if Sam gets the gig he will surprise and delight in equal measure. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

He'd be my choice.

Even though I got hammered earlier on in this thread for mentioning him, I'd still appoint him over Eddie 'Bloody'Howe or Glenn 'Put your foot in it' Hoddle.

There was an interview during euros with a German journo when this possibility first broke.

His advice,  which sounded reasonably balanced,  was that Klinsmann was successful as a manager of people rather than being a successful coach/tactician / mentor. 

Could work out if the fa give him free rein.

30 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

How is he awful? Been pretty successful at most of the clubs he has been at. 

This is one of the biggest jobs in football, we're giving it to a bloke that can claim a free bus pass and 2 promotions to his name in 22 years of management playing awful awful football.

Couldn't handle the big job at Newcastle, even Billy Davies with our awful team couldn't lose to his side.

We've had the experienced Englishman, now time to try something new, fresh, and get the fans back on side.

Eddie Howe, young, entertaining attacking football, pleasing on the eye. 8 years in management and 3 promotions. Already done more and not just taking but keeping Bournemouth in the Prem is a huge achievement.

We're more of a Arsenal, have the players but bottle the big games. Fans that expect trophies but we know there's a few sides that are better than us.

Would you give Sam the Arsenal job?....no chance, need to look at the long term or is that the plan now to keep cycling through the Englishmen that have been around the block a few times.

Woukd love to see the straight talking Scholes in there as well, the Roy Keane style assistant.

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

I can't say I'm thrilled, but maybe it's time we accept that we are a Sunderland level international team, so maybe we do need a Sunderland level manager?

Harsh. Your team was based to Spurs players. (so getting finishing second in group stage wasn't really that bad...)

53 minutes ago, David said:

This is one of the biggest jobs in football, we're giving it to a bloke that can claim a free bus pass and 2 promotions to his name in 22 years of management playing awful awful football.

Couldn't handle the big job at Newcastle, even Billy Davies with our awful team couldn't lose to his side.

We've had the experienced Englishman, now time to try something new, fresh, and get the fans back on side.

Eddie Howe, young, entertaining attacking football, pleasing on the eye. 8 years in management and 3 promotions. Already done more and not just taking but keeping Bournemouth in the Prem is a huge achievement.

for Eddie Howe, read Steve McClaren... 

9 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I doubt Howe would take the job anyway, could potentially ruin his whole career.

Any job can potentially ruin your career, the England job isn't that hard, we have the players here playing week in week out under the likes of Mourinho, Klopp, Wenger and now Guardiola. Most England fans are not expecting us to win major tournaments but at least reach the quarters if not the semi's which is should be possible.

If Howe took us to the World Cup QF it could potentially rocket his career, no harm in employing a mentor as such above him, Redknapp and Wassall for example, not in the dug out but there to bounce ideas off and that. 

Not much more Howe can achieve at Bournemouth, mid table possible but his career could go stagnant and no top half jobs look to be on the horizon. Be a fool not to take it if offered and the FA would be fools not to even talk to him.

Archived