First six games, how difficult a start does it seem to be?

Rampage

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

August 2016

1.  Derby v Brighton Sat 6 Aug 15:00

2.  Barnsley v Derby Sat 13 Aug 15:00

3.  Preston v Derby  Tue 16 Aug 19:45

4.  Derby v Aston Villa  Sat 20 Aug 15:00

5.  Burton v Derby  Sat 27 Aug 15:00

September 2016

6.  Derby v Newcastle  Sat 10 Sep 15:00

7.  Derby v Ipswich  Tue 13 Sep 19:45

8.  Bristol City v Derby  Sat 17 Sep 15:00

9.  Derby v Blackburn  Sat 24 Sep 15:00

10. Cardiff v Derby  Tue 27 Sep 19:45

TWENTY POINTS IS THE TARGET

But we must not lose against Brighton, Aston Villa,or Newcastle

Rampage's Forecast -

After SIX games - 11 points

After TEN games - 21 Points

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TelTheRam said:

All very well talking about home games but I can't see any grass on the pitch yet !
It looks like the BBG in February.

I should have known that would happen - comment on the missing grass and suddenly it appears ! Sod's law.

(unintended grass pun there )

Great set of fixtures for the first 6 games for me. Big home games, players and crowd should be up for those. Three winnable away fixtures to keep the momentum going. 

I expect the opposite of a slow start with everyone knowing they've got to play flat out to keep their place in the team. 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Predictions are fun. Maybe all the teams mentioned will be in the bottom ten rather than the top ten.

They could well be. A year ago many people would have thought Brighton first up would be a straightforward three points following their 19th place finish the season before.

It's not to bad, I think home games v relegated teams early is good as they might have not found their feet yet.

I think we'll start fairly strong, Pearson isn't likely to be having us playing daft stuff and he's got a competitive squad who've had at least one season and mostly a lot longer together.

I expect us to remain invincible at the start of the season, yes, even the league cup. (i'll qualify that as being unbeaten after 2 games)

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's not to bad, I think home games v relegated teams early is good as they might have not found their feet yet.

I think we'll start fairly strong, Pearson isn't likely to be having us playing daft stuff and he's got a competitive squad who've had at least one season and mostly a lot longer together.

I expect us to remain invincible at the start of the season, yes, even the league cup. (i'll qualify that as being unbeaten after 2 games)

2 games unbeaten?

Beware of over-confidence! (We'll lose the league cup as usual :unsure:)

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

An analogous blue print from England Rugby Union Management for Pearson to get Derby County promoted and to play well from the first game can be gleaned from this excellent article. The principles are the same. What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36572825

I liked the comment about bringing clarity to the gameplan so that confusion over tactics doesn't creep in.

I also liked the being absolutely ruthless bit.

Do Derby have a Dylan Hartley character?  Do we need one?

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Then that should be a priority signing. A proper nasty bugger. Didn't we think Bradley was it at one point?

now Bartons gone to Rangers who have we got left?

Bradley was it and will surely start as it this year as Derby's key enforcer. An ageing warrior from Leicester on mega wages or a free transfer from who knows where is the alternative..

On 22.6.2016 at 12:07, CornwallRam said:

Blackburn have a new manager who has previously achieved a promotion from this league, are out of embargo and Venky's, for all their faults, have never been shy of spending money. Blackburn's squad is pretty good overall, and the one advantage of being in embargo was that they have been able to reduce the amortisation liability, which means that overall, they'll probably have quite a bit more money than us to spend, without the need to sell first.

Believe me, Blackburn will be shooting for top six. They may well fail, but it's way too early to write them off.

Can we write them off now?

Signings so far: Stokes, Graham, Feeney and Hendrie. Decent at best... If they still had Gestede-Rhodes upfront, they could do a suprise.

On 23/06/2016 at 22:30, HantsRam said:

I liked the comment about bringing clarity to the gameplan so that confusion over tactics doesn't creep in.

I also liked the being absolutely ruthless bit.

Do Derby have a Dylan Hartley character?  Do we need one?

Can we have a JR Hartley character?

I like fishing.

45 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Can we write them off now?

Signings so far: Stokes, Graham, Feeney and Hendrie. Decent at best... If they still had Gestede-Rhodes upfront, they could do a suprise.

I find that it's generally best to judge signings once the season actually starts - better still to wait until after Santa has been.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I find that it's generally best to judge signings once the season actually starts - better still to wait until after Santa has been.

Mr. Patience..

I prefer booing before seeing them play. Just like proper fans do.

I'm actually I'm bit bored as we haven't signed anyone yet.

Archived