First six games, how difficult a start does it seem to be?

Rampage

The Fixtures are out, how difficult or easy a start is this for Nigel Pearson? We need to improve drastically on last year's start. Is being in the top two after six games, a reasonable expectation this year? How high are your hopes now that the fixtures are out? Which three games can you identify as really important ones to win in the first ten games?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rampage said:

The Fixtures are out, how difficult or easy a start is this for Nigel Pearson? We need to improve drastically on last year's start. Is being in the top two after six games, a reasonable expectation this year? How high are your hopes now that the fixtures are out? Which three games can you identify as really important ones to win in the first ten games?

:blink: Fixtures aren't out for another 12 hours

54 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Which lazy sods get up after 9 am. Most people who work will be up and all pensioners will be getting ready for lunch by 9 am too 

I'll be ready for my tea by then. I have just got up especially early.

Hang about - that makes me sound like a student.

47 minutes ago, rynny said:

I wish I could be waking up tomorrow after the fixtures had been released.

Well hopefully you still will unless owt happens to you during the night. Unplug everything, go to bed, say a little prayer and your wish should come true. Sleep tight

I want newcastle at home first- they will be unsettled- best chance to take points from them (pts that teams in CC wont get)

In terms of the first 6 games- we will have a settled team (no wholesale changes), no/little pre season injuries (I hope) but a different manager- so we have an advantage over last season- no need to wait for players to bed in/gell. I hope we can hit the ground running early on

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Home to Newcastle will be a banker Sky game.

I hope so meant to be heading off to Skeggy that day. If it gets re-scheduled for mid-day then it's happy days can make the 4 o clock train!

Of the first six fixtures, three massive games at home against Brighton, Villa, & Newcastle. After all if we are going to have a good season we need to get back to a fortress iPro. Home form let us down at crucial times last season which is normally where we are very strong.

Archived