Will it take time for Nigel to evaluate the Derby squad.

Curtains

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It does any new boss. 

Agreed .

Would you make changes if you were in charge particularly as we have bottled the last 2 seasons or would you give these lads another go at it. 

I would be tempted to sell Keogh and Martin and let Buxton go for a start. 

Watch the dvds Nigel. get some dude to do a dvd on each player, good and bad. Identify the weaknesses of each player and get them working on them from Day One. Ten hours watching highlights will make it clear who can fit into which system.

Anyone who is not in good trim on the first day of Pre Season may be told about in the first half hour. Pearson knows what he is doing and will expect 95 minutes hard work in every game or it will be a short game for some players.

No player will be playing because of his transfer fee or reputation.

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

Agreed .

Would you make changes if you were in charge particularly as we have bottled the last 2 seasons or would you give these lads another go at it. 

He won't let any of them go, Sir Jake is a colossus on any bench. 

It will take time.

I think Nigel was aware of this when he planned the pre season trip to Portugal as it is the same time zone as the UK - and he didn't want to lose a valuable hour of assessing which he would have done had he gone to say, Spain.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Agreed .

Wouldn't sell Martin. Best striker we've had in over a decade.

Don't believe we've bottled it any year. There's been too much disruption in the last 2 years. 

Get our best team out, no sideshows and do our thing and we'll be fine imo.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Watch the dvds Nigel. get some dude to do a dvd on each player, good and bad. Identify the weaknesses of each player and get them working on them from Day One. Ten hours watching highlights will make it clear who can fit into which system.

Anyone who is not in good trim on the first day of Pre Season may be told about in the first half hour. Pearson knows what he is doing and will expect 95 minutes hard work in every game or it will be a short game for some players.

No player will be playing because of his transfer fee or reputation.

Quite like the Eddie Jones approach to Luther burrell as he described it. Burrell turned up "grossly overweight ". So he dropped him out of the squad 

Simples. 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Agreed .

I see your posting holiday has mellowed you somewhat, thought you'd return with some crazy notion to sell our best players.

Something has to change from last season that's for sure. 

I feel a few changes in playing staff is required as I don't think just changing manager will be enough.

Players also have to take responsibility for our failure to get promoted. 

They need to step up or move on. 

Just now, curtains said:

Something has to change from last season that's for sure. 

I feel a few changes in playing staff is required as I don't think just changing manager will be enough.  

The players are good enough, they just need to be used correctly to get the best out of their ability, which hasn't been done properly in 2 seasons.

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

The players are good enough, they just need to be used correctly to get the best out of their ability, which hasn't been done properly in 2 seasons.

You see I don't think we have enough leaders and a lot of players are going missing in big games like Burnley and Boro away last season and the playoff semi final at home to Hull etc 

The season before against Reading at home. 

These things need to be sorted by Nigel 

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

You see I don't think we have enough leaders and a lot of players are going missing in big games like Burnley and Boro away last season and the playoff semi final at home to Hull etc 

The season before against Reading at home. 

These things need to be sorted by Nigel 

See in 3 of those 4 games the managers' decisions cost us the game. Boro away going for a win and upsetting the balance of the team, Hull at home not changing the starting line up that wasn't working, Reading playing Warnock at DM then going all out attack after 30 mins. Burnley we got done by which 2 own goals and 2 penalties.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

See in 3 of those 4 games the managers' decisions cost us the game. Boro away going for a win and upsetting the balance of the team, Hull at home not changing the starting line up that wasn't working, Reading playing Warnock at DM then going all out attack after 30 mins. Burnley we got done by which 2 own goals and 2 penalties.

You can only make so many excuses for these players.  

I except that the manager is important and picks the team and tactics and makes substitutions  etc but when players cross  that white line they need to step up.  

Archived