Will it take time for Nigel to evaluate the Derby squad.

Curtains

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, curtains said:

You see I don't think we have enough leaders and a lot of players are going missing in big games like Burnley and Boro away last season and the playoff semi final at home to Hull etc 

The season before against Reading at home. 

These things need to be sorted by Nigel 

It has to start somewhere. A couple of players back off and it spreads through the team. When Sevilla equalised against Liverpool in the Europa, Liverpool folded. Klopp said that the players, 'no longer believed'. Some teams are beaten before they start, against Burnley, only a few fans thought that we could win. Why would players think any different?

12 minutes ago, Rampage said:

It has to start somewhere. A couple of players back off and it spreads through the team. When Sevilla equalised against Liverpool in the Europa, Liverpool folded. Klopp said that the players, 'no longer believed'. Some teams are beaten before they start, against Burnley, only a few fans thought that we could win. Why would players think any different?

Very true. 

Just think we need a couple of playing staff changes in the Nigel Pearson mould that he knows of that will make all the difference to us as a team. 

I also hope Nigel has a positive effect on the current playing squad  .

Interesting times ahead me thinks. 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

You can only make so many excuses for these players.  

I except that the manager is important and picks the team and tactics and makes substitutions  etc but when players cross  that white line they need to step up.  

Or have they been let down by managerial incompetence that has stopped them reaching the full potential of they can achieve?

The last thing I am going to say on this is that we will soon see what Pearson thinks and see where it takes us. There has been something that hasn't been quite right within the club and the way we play for around 18 months. Just hope Pearson can get us back to playing the way we were in Mac's first 12 months or so.

• 2 months later...
On June 14, 2016 at 07:38, curtains said:

Something has to change from last season that's for sure. 

I feel a few changes in playing staff is required as I don't think just changing manager will be enough.

Players also have to take responsibility for our failure to get promoted. 

They need to step up or move on. 

About right. 

Never seen a Manager shake his head, look exasperated, frustrated as what Pearson seemed last night. he stayed calm, didn't look angry but I bet they got both barrels off him at the end of the game.

Not been as close up to any manager as I was for some time, sat just off the Derby dug out behind the press desks. Observing him every time a move broke down or pass went astray, I sensed he clearly has a pattern he's trying to get the team to play to and they just were not doing it for him.

So for me he either realises if he cannot bring fresh talent in, he has to change his beliefs short term to accommodate the best of the existing team, or we are in for a slow churn over several transfer windows until he achieves the balance he wants. The question is, will Mel and fans be patient enough whilst that happens.

Archived