Best 11 capped players while playing for Derby

Mos_Ram

As an ode to the Euros, who makes it into your best 11 to have been capped for their country while playing for Derby, during your time supporting/following/watching the mighty Rams. Obviously the likes of Todd, McFarland, Gemmill and co would make it into everyone's team if we had all been following since the glory years but it's much harder if you are a younger supporter. As a child of the mid 80's who first visited the BBG in the 92/93 season, my team is:

Poom

Laursen   West   Stimac   Johnson

Carsley

Asanovic                 Hendrick

Kinkladze

Martin    Wanchope

Honourable mentions to:

Dailly

DPFG

Strupar

Pembridge

Peschisolido

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Lewis Price…

Hendrick Keogh Forsyth Christie

Commons Bryson Dawkins Ward

Martin Russell

If it wasn't for this last couple of seasons Gary Teale, Kenny Miller and Paul Green would have made it *shudder*

Jeez, I feel for you if that is the best capped players you have seen...

For my hilariously unbalanced line up I have selected every single player who was playing for Derby whilst representing their country in the European Championship Finals. I had to cheat with Asanovic to get 11 as he joined us just after Euro 96. The forward line in rather static, so this team would have one tactic and one tactic alone. Give the ball to Asanovic and hope he can put it on Stapleton or Strupar's head. Aside from not having a proper left back, the defence is top quality, so we could just practice penalties and draw every game 0-0.

Beck - DEN 2000        Stapleton - IRL 1988        Strupar - BEL 2000

Green  - IRL 2012             Hendrick - IRL 2016                    Asanovic - CRO 1996

Christie - IRL 2016         Wright - ENG 1988         Stimac - CRO 1996        Keogh - IRL 2016

Shilton - ENG 1988

20 minutes ago, Anon said:

For my hilariously unbalanced line up I have selected every single player who was playing for Derby whilst representing their country in the European Championship Finals. I had to cheat with Asanovic to get 11 as he joined us just after Euro 96. The forward line in rather static, so this team would have one tactic and one tactic alone. Give the ball to Asanovic and hope he can put it on Stapleton or Strupar's head. Aside from not having a proper left back, the defence is top quality, so we could just practice penalties and draw every game 0-0.

Beck - DEN 2000        Stapleton - IRL 1988        Strupar - BEL 2000

Green  - IRL 2012             Hendrick - IRL 2016                    Asanovic - CRO 1996

Christie - IRL 2016         Wright - ENG 1988         Stimac - CRO 1996        Keogh - IRL 2016

Shilton - ENG 1988

I am sure Asanovic signed just before the tournament started, Jim pushed it through because he knew someone else would be in for him after. Same with Jacob Laursen.

Archived