Best 11 capped players while playing for Derby

Mos_Ram

23 minutes ago, rynny said:

I am sure Asanovic signed just before the tournament started, Jim pushed it through because he knew someone else would be in for him after. Same with Jacob Laursen.

If that's the case then I can drop Beck, put Ace in the hole, and have Laursen and Christie as wing backs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dordogne_Ram said:

And for me, Shilton, Thomas and James only there because Boulton , Webster and Hinton didn't get capped at Derby!

I would have liked to put Eranio in there, but his last cap was 6 months before he joined Derby.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

If that's the case then I can drop Beck, put Ace in the hole, and have Laursen and Christie as wing backs.

They definitely signed before the tournament started. May both have been officially completed but was a done deal.

No Francois Grenet anybody? 

I think it was Colin Todd who signed him and said there was only one thing keeping him out of the national team (meaning Lilian Thuram). 

Unfortunately it transpired that we had been misled and that 'one thing' keeping him out of the national team was the fact that he was sh1t3!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

No Francois Grenet anybody? 

I think it was Colin Todd who signed him and said there was only one thing keeping him out of the national team (meaning Lilian Thuram). 

Unfortunately it transpired that we had been misled and that 'one thing' keeping him out of the national team was the fact that he was sh1t3!

I can confirm that if he was indeed *****, it would have been an improvement on what we were ever served up with from him.

Poom

Laursen    MacFarland    Todd    Nish

Wright

Daly    Gemmill    Asanovic

Hector    George

Bench: Shilton Langan Stimac Kinkladze Wanchope Rioch Saunders

Tough call but while at Derby, Poom was better than Shilton. We have been so spoilt in my time with centre halves, but Mark Wright was the best sweeper in the world for a while so can play alongside Todd and MacFarland, but poor Taribo not even to make the bench, even if he was 50 when he played for us! Guilty for leaving out John O'Hare too, and Hennessey and Durban. Wow. We've had some players.

Archived