Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why have we left all of this till the last minute...

Pearson said 2 weeks ago that we had bids in for players. It is in the interest of the selling club, unless they are in severe financial trouble or need to sell in order to buy, to delay transfers as much as possible to stimulate an auction or to put additional pressure on the buying club to increase their offer.

So it's hardly 'last minute'.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Where have I said that I think Hernandez would come here? I just said id go for him. 

Nothing in it at all. Just a personal preference. 

Im trying to think of someone who could compliment Vydra well. 

Afobe maybe?

I'd just seen a few mention Hernandez so wondered if I'd missed something. The premier league benches are probably a cheaper place to shop than the championship top scorer list. Our scouting doesn't seem to extend much further than that.

Frazier Campbell, Lewis Grabban and Marvin Emnes are a few that struggle for games to name a few. Adobe is a good shout.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Id pay £14 million for Assombalonga. 

Hes worth 10 in todays market.

But it would be worth an extra 4 to see the reaction of their lot. 

They have a meltdown when he doesnt start. 

If he came here they'd have kittens and it would be absolutely fantastic.

Assombalonga and Vydra. I'm salivating...

Replacing Martin with Kodjia (effectively) would be an added risk and disruptive to team chemistry. Plus Martin seems like a better strike partner for Vydra than Kodjia. Tbh, I'm quite relieved Kodjia appears to be going to Hull instead of to us for £14m.

10 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Replacing Martin with Kodjia (effectively) would be an added risk and disruptive to team chemistry. Plus Martin seems like a better strike partner for Vydra than Kodjia. Tbh, I'm quite relieved Kodjia appears to be going to Hull instead of to us for £14m.

What team chemistry, we were a team of strangers on Friday. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Where have I said that I think Hernandez would come here? I just said id go for him. 

Nothing in it at all. Just a personal preference. 

Im trying to think of someone who could compliment Vydra well. 

Afobe maybe?

Afobe would be a brilliant alternative. Really rate the guy. 

Kodjia would be brilliant, but the fee is eye watering!

At £8-9 million, Kodija could be worth a punt but much as I'd like to see him here, £14m seems a lot.  If, as the wee fella who manages City claims, their valuation has not been met even at that price, then maybe we should be looking elsewhere.

We could potentially pick up Wells, Gunnarsson AND Andre Wisdom for the same sort of money. 

59 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Looks like it's only me who would be a bit disappointed if we lose out on kodjia to hull

I remember Derek Hales, and the way his arrival was celebrated. The euphoria didn't last long.

39 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Really ? All I see him do all game is moan to the officials when things aren't going his way rather than getting up and getting on with it.

This. Also people keep talking about Martin's hold up play but this has been non existent since McClaren's first season. I don't mind him chewing gum but at least try and make things happen rather than moaning at your teammates. It's clearly a hindering his game because he isn't trying to win flick ons anymore like he was previously. 

Archived