Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Good spot. It sounds silly but social media is actually a great indicator of what could potentially be close to happening. Clubs and agents are often more tactical and reserved in terms of information released and when they release it. Players can do things on their own personal phones in their own time which they probably don't even see as significant.

Kodjia unfollowing BC and deleting all references suggests something is definitely happening, it doesn't necessarily have to be with us though. I remember with Ince (I think it was him) his missus followed a few of our players' wives and the following day he signed. Can't see Kodjia deciding to unfollow and delete if he wasn't off somewhere.

Absolutely agree and, quite frankly, I don't think we've got a chance in hell at signing him after what Lansdown said. 

But it's nice to get excited once in a while about a new player coming to us. Can't remember what it even feels like to celebrate a new signing *violin begins to play* 

34 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Cheers Geoff, would never have known that, I think most people knew which Bristol club I was referring too :)

I was going round in circles trying to work it out myself, not the first time I've been all worked up over a pair of Bristols.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/jonathan-kodjia-set-for-derby-county-in-record-transfer-after-being-left-out-of-bristol-city-squad/story-29660613-detail/story.html

Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia is set to leave the club and join Sky Bet Championship rivals Derby County in a multi-million pound transfer.

The Rams tested City's resolve with a bid of £10m earlier this week and the Post understands the two clubs have agreed a deal that could eventually net the Robins a club-record £14m.

Omitted from the side that played at Ssausagehorpe in the EFL Cup on Tuesday, Kodjia was missing from City's squad for today's big home clash against Aston Villa at Ashton Gate.

His move to the iPRO Stadium is expected to go through after the weekend, leaving City head coach Lee Johnson with precious little time in which to recruit an adequate replacement ahead of Wednesday's transfer deadline.

Wow, this has come back out of nowhere again. If this happens then it's safe to say Martin will definitely be gone. I hope it pays off...

Oh and so much for their chairman saying he's not going to any Championship team for any price

Archived