Alan Judge

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically he has had his inhaler more than expected to by the FA? What if he had really bad asthma attack? Is he going to have to decline treatment in case it is above what the FA deems permitted?

Sith Happens

Shouldn't even be news. Some jumped up clown at the FA who probably has no idea how frightening it is when you can't breathe properly, the last thing on your mind would be could I be over the limit. 

I know that the inhalers can be used to boost performance - they temporarily allow more flow in the lungs hence they figure in doing tests.

Sounds to me like common sense has been done, a positive result does require investigation, there were mitigating circumstances, clearly it would be inappropriate to take things further.

However, having gone this far they had to be some kind of indication that a doctor's note doesn't act as a free pass on this test.

Hard to see it playing out any other way,theres no stain on him over it and life moves on.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:00, rynny said:

So basically he has had his inhaler more than expected to by the FA? What if he had really bad asthma attack? Is he going to have to decline treatment in case it is above what the FA deems permitted?

its more than just using it more than the FA expect or deem appropriate. The FA are governed by the WADA permitted levels. The drug found has been used to cheat in the past so a failed test prompts an investigation. It happens a lot in other sports, football is no different.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I used to have asthma during my playing days too...

Somehow it's better nowadays.

Some people can grow out of it, i have it but its nothing like as bad as when i was younger.

You have no idea asthsma can affect people differently some people need inhalers every single day or like with me i need mine when i am going to be ill or uf freezing colx or if my sister dog stopping with us because she maltses every were.

Archived