Pride Restored

Jayram

Got to say I'm so so proud of the team tonight - everything we should have had on Saturday was there tonight, and though ultimately it wasn't enough we restored our pride. That's all I ever wanted from them - love those Rams! 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what I'm talking about. 

Thank you Derby. Couldn't ask for any more than the effort that the starting XI gave this evening. Just a shame we didn't do ourselves justice in the first leg. 

Very, very proud to be a Derby fan tonight, regardless of the aggregate loss. 

Very proud of Derby tonight. Steve Bruce very complimentary to our players. They all put a shift in especially Will Hughes and Hendrick. Just goes to prove we can put a performance in. 

Wassall did excellent to pick the players up after Saturday interestingly he left the big money on the bench and we put in a brilliant performance 

Proud of the team tonight, yeah. Ultimately though, that's the performance level we need week in and week out, not occasionally. Play like that 40 times and we get top 2.

We can be not quite at it through 50% of Champ games and have a fair chance of winning, but there are games when it doesn't go our way and we can't respond. Saturday case in point. We need a new direction and focus. Priority #1 - new manager.

The core of that team was still signed by Nigel Clough, and the money we've pissed away trying to augment and improve his players as set up into a team by Steve Mac has not been well used. This is the second area where we need a step change improvement this summer. Recruitment.

23 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Got to say I'm so so proud of the team tonight - everything we should have had on Saturday was there tonight, and though ultimately it wasn't enough we restored our pride. That's all I ever wanted from them - love those Rams! 

Perfectly put Jayram. 

Makes me love football all the more, character, togetherness and futhermore a TEAM went out and battled for their club / our club tonight. 

We can accept the result as a whole when we fight and boy.... Did we fight tonight. 

COME ON YOU RAMS !!

7 minutes ago, needles said:

Proud of the team tonight, yeah. Ultimately though, that's the performance level we need week in and week out, not occasionally. Play like that 40 times and we get top 2.

We can be not quite at it through 50% of Champ games and have a fair chance of winning, but there are games when it doesn't go our way and we can't respond. Saturday case in point. We need a new direction and focus. Priority #1 - new manager.

The core of that team was still signed by Nigel Clough, and the money we've pissed away trying to augment and improve his players as set up into a team by Steve Mac has not been well used. This is the second area where we need a step change improvement this summer. Recruitment.

partly agree with this in that we have not been able to improve on cloughs signings of three years ago and thankfully they are still the core of our team....but recruitment needs to step up massively this year to augment them properly

disagree on the effort levels though as under wassell id say we are on top of the game 80% of the  time with just the odd lack of confidence from conceding early goals losing us games we really should win...but apart from burnley,who else managed to be pretty much flawless this year?

Some pride from tonights performance but ultimately we are not good enough and that's  the reason we didn't get promotion or to the play off final.

Now time to get Wassall back to the kids, bring in an experienced coach at this level and move on.

SillyBilly

Proud to be a Ram tonight. Quite a few Welsh boys switched from watching United game to Derby game (just me originally) in the pub I was in. Was a spirited, gutsy performance if there ever was one. Slightly gutted it wasn't enough because I felt that performance deserved an extra time showing.

We are an experienced manager and a couple of players away from being a top two side next season. We already had the foundations which should have been built on this season - just need to get the recruitment on and off the pitch right and Newcastle apart I don't see too many others out there next time to worry us. Would love to see McCormack, a centre half and a winger here and some of the youngsters given a try but whatever happens I'm buzzing for next season already. Bloody love this football club. 

We need some African warrior players at Derby plus a couple of Spanish maestros and a new Captain colossus.

We need some players from Ghana and Ivory Coast plus a couple of highly technical players from Spain

We need someone who can cross a ball and take corners.

Not sure proud is the word. A very good performance tonight, but it only begs the question where were we on Saturday, and where have we been vast parts of this season. The bottom line is that a strong, talented and well paid squad ultimately failed to deliver this season.  Disappointing is the word.

I still hope a good shake up (and clear out) happens over the Summer, that we can retain Hughes (but I wouldn't blame him if he moves on), we get Thorne fit, we invest in a strong pacy centre forward, and we appoint a proven Manager to get consistent performances out of the players.

Archived