Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

Just now, Sparkle said:

I suspect there will be a lot players not getting any football this season once the transfer window shuts and there is no 'emergency loan window' January window may well prove to be more interesting? 

Crazy different times regarding all transfers this season mainly due to the new money ( what happens if the likes off BT pull out of their sponsorship in the next few years) 

I presume that with a rich, committed local owner and a good fan base, stadium and other revenues Derby would be (relatively) alright in that scenario.

It's clubs like Forest who'd be ****** :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Think Britt may leave but don't for a minute believe it would be to us, Fawaz is stupid, but he's not that stupid to sell their star striker to their fiercest rivals just a few days after he's sold their messiah to an energy drink.

Golden rule with Fawaz is that however stupid you may think he is, he is probably even stupider than that.

For example, you might assume that he might learn his lesson re Kuwati bank holidays and start paying players on time...

It's going to go right to the wire today - can see a lot of deals having a knock on effect on other players availability. Ideal world a few big deals are finalised this morning and it's not all a last minute scramble. Can see a ton of loans happening around 10pm when big bids/permanent moves don't materialise. Could be as many as 10 we've been linked with available by then - Mutch, Rhodes, Adobe, Grabban on loan, Hogan or Wells on lower fees etc. Likewise of anybody is moving for Martin, Russell etc they could do us a favour and do it now. If we don't get any I can still see us going for free agents shortly a la Cambiasso to Leicester a few years back.

Archived