Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Too slow for this lol. 

I personally would have thought 4-4-2 would be perfect for a slower striker like Martin who is fantastic at holding up the ball. Stick someone quite fast up top with him and you've got Martin coming deep to collect the ball which in turn leaves space for his striker partner to run into.

22 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I personally would have thought 4-4-2 would be perfect for a slower striker like Martin who is fantastic at holding up the ball. Stick someone quite fast up top with him and you've got Martin coming deep to collect the ball which in turn leaves space for his striker partner to run into.

I would imagine DCFC will probably quash these rumours tomorrow if they are false about Martin,Keogh and Russell saying they are going nowhere. 

53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

How can a player be too slow for a formation? Too slow for a manager's style of play maybe, but for a whole formation? Give over.

Some critics will twist anything to try and justify their stance. It's rather surprising the number of negative posters who have come out of the woodwork but we have to accept their right to have an opinion, although I do question the level of support of some on here, particularly 2 or 3 of the more arrogant newcomers!

58 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Too complicated for some people to understand

12 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've always thought 4-4-2 would be our best option based on the fact we have better midfield options than our rivals but not necessarily better attacking options

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I've always thought 4-4-2 would be our best option based on the fact we have better midfield options than our rivals but not necessarily better attacking options

Not sure I can see the logic, when our strength is in central midfielders, but 442 means you play less than you would in the 433 we have been playing.

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not sure I can see the logic, when our strength is in central midfielders, but 442 means you play less than you would in the 433 we have been playing.

Depends how you play your four in midfield.

They don't have to be wide.

33 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Depends how you play your four in midfield.

They don't have to be wide.

So you want to play 4 central midfielders? Oh god, it's like Nigel Clough's back with Hughes on the left.

33 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

If anyone still thinks Alan Nixon is a reliable source - look no further....

https://mobile.twitter.com/CalWafc/status/758020019125161985

Possibility a story may come up in the sun tomorrow ?! 

Might be might absoloute lack of twitter intelligence but I can't really see anything of any use in the link ? Can you elaborate please ?

38 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Might be might absoloute lack of twitter intelligence but I can't really see anything of any use in the link ? Can you elaborate please ?

I think it may have been a suggestion that Nixon is going to do a Garner to Wigan story because he was at a golf course near their training ground. That's what I took from it anyway.

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

I think it may have been a suggestion that Nixon is going to do a Garner to Wigan story because he was at a golf course near their training ground. That's what I took from it anyway.

I think you'll find that it's some bloke putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 , and Nixon putting him right. It seems fashionable on here to rubbish Nixon ( e.g. The title of this thread) and I don't get it. He's not the messiah but he's always worth a read and he's clearly got some contacts. 

2 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

I think you'll find that it's some bloke putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 , and Nixon putting him right. It seems fashionable on here to rubbish Nixon ( e.g. The title of this thread) and I don't get it. He's not the messiah but he's always worth a read and he's clearly got some contacts. 

At this point he's about as accurate as names out of the hat for transfers with fees involved for us, so I don't really think the defence you're giving him is justified. 

Archived