Favourite Chant?

MuespachRam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddie said:

Because it gives people the impression that Derby fans are thick, boorish buffoons. Now that might sit easily on your shoulders, but I pride myself on being just a little bit higher along the evolutionary trail than a whelk.

Let's take a look at the lyrics,

"Collymore's an onanism enthusiast. He wears an onanism enthusiast's hat."

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2F

True.

"He was a Forest sausage and then a Leicester sausage."

Again, absolutely true.

"He went out with Ulrika. He beat her like an egg."

Now, to be fair, most chefs don't beat eggs by hurling them on the floor and repeatedly kicking them in the head whilst threatening to kill them, but it seems some artistic license has been used here.

"And when he came to Derby he broke his bally leg."

Once again, completely true. You'll notice that nowhere in the song does it explicitly state that we are pleased about the accident or that he is a violent moron who had it coming.

It really annoys me that we continuously sing a complicated song about a player who has nothing to do with our club and we still haven't got a decent song for many of our current players.

Anytime someone suggests something with more than 4 syllables we get the comeback that 'Derby fans will never sing that - it's too long.'

Yet we still sing that stupid Collymore song. Aaaarrgh!

Morris had a dream to build a football team, sooooo he invented the Derby way, if you don't attack, you'll get the saaaacccckkkk, we're Derby County we're on our way back !!.."......I'm a visionary 

actually love the simple, we are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams 

When a brilliant-looking 17 year old (IIRC) made his debut, I tried to start off, "We all agree, Craig is better than Alan" but sadly for the now Radio Derby pundit, it didn't take off.

Love White Christmas. Loved Silvery Moon of course, especially because it was our song and nobody else did it and not even we knew why we sang it. Philip Gee (scoring goals for Derby) was wonderful and I loved when he never got game time but we changed the words to "painting stands at Derby" referencing his former profession.

Sometimes I think about starting up "We are the Derby" but it requires a leader and a whole stand following and you would look a bit of a tit if no one joined in. The leader sings every line first and then everyone else sings that line after before the leader moves onto the next line.

We are the Derby (We are the Derby)

The mighty mighty Derby (The mighty mighty Derby)

Whither we go (Whither we go)

People want to know (People want to know)

Who we are (Who we are)

Where we come from (Where we come from)

So we tell them (So we tell them)

We are the Derby

The mighty mighty Derby

Derby!

knees up mother brown

knees up mother brown

under the table you must go

Ee-aye, Ee-aye, Ee-aye-oh

if I catch you bending

i'll saw your legs right off

Ee-aye, Ee-aye

Ee-aye, Ee-aye

knees up mother brown

When i was just a little boy, i asked my mother, what will i be (love that song) /Tired and Weary/ Derby,Derby,Derby/ Sheepshag army/ Ark now hear, the Derby sing/ I never felt like singing the blues/ Always **** on the red side of the trent and Bryson's song.

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

When a brilliant-looking 17 year old (IIRC) made his debut, I tried to start off, "We all agree, Craig is better than Alan" but sadly for the now Radio Derby pundit, it didn't take off.

Love White Christmas. Loved Silvery Moon of course, especially because it was our song and nobody else did it and not even we knew why we sang it. Philip Gee (scoring goals for Derby) was wonderful and I loved when he never got game time but we changed the words to "painting stands at Derby" referencing his former profession.

Sometimes I think about starting up "We are the Derby" but it requires a leader and a whole stand following and you would look a bit of a tit if no one joined in. The leader sings every line first and then everyone else sings that line after before the leader moves onto the next line.

We are the Derby (We are the Derby)

The mighty mighty Derby (The mighty mighty Derby)

Whither we go (Whither we go)

People want to know (People want to know)

Who we are (Who we are)

Where we come from (Where we come from)

So we tell them (So we tell them)

We are the Derby

The mighty mighty Derby

Derby!

The Jambos sang Silvery Moon back in the day, 'we're the talk of the toon, we're the boys in maroon'.. Missed a trick with that not red away shirt a few years back.

15 hours ago, angieram said:

Just substitute Fozzy and Cyrus in the last two lines and you've got a hit!

D.C.F.C.O.........D.C.F.C.O........D.C.F.C.O.........D.C.F.C.O

We are D, Darren Wassall
We are C, Chrissy Martin
We are F, funky Fozzy
We are C, Cyrus Christie
We are Ooooooooooooooo.........,

D.C.F.C.O........D.C.F.C.O.......D.C.F.C.O..........D.C.F.C.O

Well at least I've been singing it this morning in the shower, at my eldest boys football training, in the Morrisons cafe whilst having a fry up, and now while I'm getting ready to go down the Black Bull Inn to enjoy the match.......sing up!

I hope the lads like my Aqua jump suit when I get to the boozer!......marvellously smart is Inverurie Ram!......if they don't like my jumpsuit they are bound to dig my chunky necklace!!!!.....D.C.F.C.O!!!!!

Archived