Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

3 minutes ago, Brighton said:

We don't sell to our promotion rivals. Pritchard plays in the number 10 role. Knockart is a winger.

Oh, you are one of those teams. Bit like WBA, who doesn't sell at all.

I'm 100% certain that Pritchard played on the wing for Brentford.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I think he was in the middle with Jota and Judge wide? Regardless though, everyone has a price, hopefully we hang onto Knockaert as he has that bit of magic to open sides up.

Didn't think it was really worth its own thread because the whole article is based on betting odds, but HITC have put out an article linking us to Luis Alberto after his moved to Sevilla failed apparently.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/02/derby-among-favourites-to-sign-liverpool-man-luis-alberto/?

Had a quick peek on Bet Victor's odds to see if we're among the favourites for any other players as well.

3rd favourite for Will Grigg (lowest odds of any Championship team)

Joint favourites for Anichebe with Birmingham and Wolves

Joint 2nd favourites for Nugent behind Wolves

Joint favourite for De Laet with Villa

Joint 2nd favourites for Zach Clough behind Norwich

15 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

I think he was in the middle with Jota and Judge wide? Regardless though, everyone has a price, hopefully we hang onto Knockaert as he has that bit of magic to open sides up.

Judge in the middle and Pritchard on the left. Of course he cut inside often but those games I watched, started there.

37 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Can play both wide left and in number 10. Not sure where he's best, but was certainly dangerous on left for Brentford. Would love him here, but agreed fee of £8mill steep and not sure we have room without selling someone

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Didn't think it was really worth its own thread because the whole article is based on betting odds, but HITC have put out an article linking us to Luis Alberto after his moved to Sevilla failed apparently.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/02/derby-among-favourites-to-sign-liverpool-man-luis-alberto/?

Had a quick peek on Bet Victor's odds to see if we're among the favourites for any other players as well.

3rd favourite for Will Grigg (lowest odds of any Championship team)

Joint favourites for Anichebe with Birmingham and Wolves

Joint 2nd favourites for Nugent behind Wolves

Joint favourite for De Laet with Villa

Joint 2nd favourites for Zach Clough behind Norwich

As us fans love to do, a quick fire yes/no judgement based on nothing but my preference!

yes to none of them definitely.

Interested in Luis Alberto (foreign name and played for some big clubs, can't go wrong...), De Laet as challenger at RB (not a need though), Nugent (scores goals at this level, got Bent though), Grigg (promising young striker, great chant), Clough (all in the name, promising, shown ability at this level)

Anichebe the only one we have no need for and who I don't want us to sign.

13 hours ago, r4derby said:

Can play both wide left and in number 10. Not sure where he's best, but was certainly dangerous on left for Brentford. Would love him here, but agreed fee of £8mill steep and not sure we have room without selling someone

This is massive for brighton.... 8m for pritchard.... could have took the fee for hendrick and got him.... gutted 

On 31 July 2016 at 00:30, satty atwal said:

Mcnnair seems to be staying.... blacketts gone.... wilson is no better than bent.... as for other two forget it. 

Wilson no better than Bent ? Probably except for the small matter of 11 years 

1 minute ago, zaragozaram said:

Jedinak?? Would offer some bite in midfield, especially with the absence of Thorne

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3719667/Crystal-Palace-offload-midfield-pair-Mile-Jedinak-Jordon-Mutch.html

He was absolutely incredible in Palace's promotion season. Possibly the experienced mucky bugger in midfield we've been missing since Eustace retired.

8 hours ago, jono said:

Wilson no better than Bent ? Probably except for the small matter of 11 years 

Wat type of response is that? Wats his age got to do with anything? I was saying right now wilson ability wise is no better than bent.... didnt at all comment on the benefits overall of having one over the other 

4 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Wat type of response is that? Wats his age got to do with anything? I was saying right now wilson ability wise is no better than bent.... didnt at all comment on the benefits overall of having one over the other 

Oh .. well that's me told then ! I'd better go and stand on the naughty step

Except that you said "Wilson no better than Bent" ... Therefore you are commenting on their relative benefits. QED

"What type of response is that"  = logical, reasonable response to yours

Archived