Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Don't speak so soon, Januzaj is on his way to Derby now.

Just now, muzzamurray said:

how you know that?

And you say you aren't gullible :lol:

34 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

not gullible, just a dreamer

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Yes, for not seeing that Dyche was being sarcastic and actually entertaining the idea Januzaj could be on his way here.

you know ive never gotten sarcasm. yano part of my Aspergers and that....

but yeah, never realised asking a question made me gullible. so thanks cam (Y)

cover for right back , a pacey striker and a winger required , but also i think we should be lookin for a captain , somebody who leads from the front and knows when to put an arm round the shoulder of players or dish out a rollicking when required, would love Leon Osman back , but theres also Leon Britton , Glenn Whelan or Flamini { if we can afford him } who are capable of such a role , think the team being a little too nicey nicey is a drawback

Thinking back Nigel Pearson has moved to get a player/coach at Leicester in both spells (Powell and Philips) I wonder if he'd be considering a similar role for the right player, maybe Tony Hibbert (was coaching with Everton U18s last season), Sylvain Distin, or the often mentioned Leon Osman.

I was tempted to say Andy Reid just to watch the reaction

Just now, Kernow said:

Not really sure where to put this but just seen this on Twitter so thought I'd share it. He says he's an Academy scout at the club although I personally have never heard of him.

image.jpeg

SDSR just posted in RamsTalk that he's heard something similar so sounds like Mark is correct. Now we have a week of people guessing who it'll be. :lol:

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

SDSR just posted in RamsTalk that he's heard something similar so sounds like Mark is correct. Now we have a week of people guessing who it'll be. :lol:

Yep! Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread or not and hadn't checked Rams Talk before posting this. In the replies to the tweet it's been suggested that the news is good however.

As SDSR says, the deal isn't done yet, so I'm not sure how the club would feel about an academy coach putting out teasers like that. I was under the knowledge that Mel preferred a very secretive camp with regards to this sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Can imagine de Laet would be quick and easy, and is likely to sign whatever Pearson's assessment of the squad is. 

Wouldn't be a bad signing either, though I can't help but find it a little 'uninteresting'.

On a thread in Rams Talk SDSR has said it has come out of the blue in terms of the speed that it's progressed. The scout who sent the tweet has also suggested that the majority of fans would be pretty happy with the signing. My guess is it's either Kodjia or a brand new name who would improve our starting eleven. De Laet would be a good signing and would be a solid signing at this level, but I wouldn't say it's come out of the blue.

Out of the blue - Leicester wear a blue kit, progressed at speed - de Laet's pace is his biggest asset... The hatchback car is still in the prize pot but so is Dusty Bin, do you want to keep or reject this prize?

Archived