Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, muzzamurray said:

that grady looks tasty.. but would we really drop olsson or fozzy for him?

Take it you mean Robbie Brady? And yes, he's a class player but not a natural fullback, if we switch to 442, he'd be better suited as a wide midfielder in my opinion.

That being said, he'd be massively expensive and there's no guarantee he'd want to leave Norwich either...

I wish we would stop talking about signing central midfielders... Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne, Hanson (is that not enough) I know people are talking about Hendrick for the holding role because of Hull away, I see Hendrick as more box to box, but what about Butterfield playing deeper I know at Huddersfield he played more attacking but I think he could do a job in a holding role as Thorne cover, quite tidy on the ball and doesn't mind having a pop from long range. 

My point is we have 6 very good midfielders there, we don't need to buy! And NP will not sell Johnson, in fact I am very confident Johnson will thrive under Pearson

*IF* Hendrick goes we still have the best midfield in the division and more than enough back up without adding to it. Pearson will only have a couple of million to spend, so I'd expect if Jeff or any valuable player moves on that will dictate the value of striker we move for. Assume the money in the pot will be added to that or spent on a defender if de Laet cannot be loaned in, and a midfielder will only be added if a second one leaves.

Robbie Brady started 34 games for Norwich last season and was one of their better players. He only missed 2 games. If he leaves Norwich he'll be going back to the prem imo. 

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wellington (Arsenal), Roberts (Man City), Wilson (Man Utd) - any of them on loan would add to us in attack.

Also think Ryan Gauld is available from Sporting, would be worth a gamble at the right price

Think Roberts was on a 2 season loan so still got another season left. Think Wilson would be a good signing but maybe he would be expecting to start every week

On 6/15/2016 at 18:51, DCFC1388 said:

Wellington (Arsenal), Roberts (Man City), Wilson (Man Utd) - any of them on loan would add to us in attack.

Also think Ryan Gauld is available from Sporting, would be worth a gamble at the right price

Cannot go wrong with Wilson but he would want to play most games.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wisdom is available for 3m - would you prefer him over Christie?

im indecided, because if the formation worked, you could fit them both in, like with a 5 at the back, play wisdom at RB and christie at right side CB

18 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

im indecided, because if the formation worked, you could fit them both in, like with a 5 at the back, play wisdom at RB and christie at right side CB

You've got that completely the wrong way round!

Archived