OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

Toons have Rafa and the best squad in the division, they also have the biggest budget,  put all 3 together and I reckon certainties for promotion.

Villa, well new owners plus new coach and depends on who the coach is and how much he has got budget wise. It is quite possible it won't  be the same, Villa that relegated.

Norwich if they can keep their current squad they will be there or there abouts come the end of next season.

That gap between the championship  and the prem gets wider each season.

Id say the gap between the chanpionship and prem is getting smaller which is why premier league mainstays like Newcastle and Villa are going down instead of the newly promoted Bournemouth and Watford who finished comfortably and it's been like that the last few seasons, also explains why more relegated premier league clubs are finding it harder on the championship.

top half of the championship is very very close to bottom half of the premiership on terms of quality teams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Id say the gap between the chanpionship and prem is getting smaller which is why premier league mainstays like Newcastle and Villa are going down instead of the newly promoted Bournemouth and Watford who finished comfortably and it's been like that the last few seasons, also explains why more relegated premier league clubs are finding it harder on the championship.

top half of the championship is very very close to bottom half of the premiership on terms of quality teams

Absolutely correct, the hocus pocus that people believe there is a gulf is wide of the mark

Said it before, if Pearson was the man Mel wanted then he would be here by now. He is unemployed. 

Like it or not Darren will be the man in charge next season. 

Everyone is waiting for an announcement from Derby but nothing has changed. Mel wants a DOF and a head coach versed in the 'Derby Way' and Darren is that head coach. 

John Percy said on Monday that Derby would make a decision in 7-10 days which suggested to me that we had a pretty good idea of who we want to be manager, and there's been a he'll of a lot of money placed on Pearson over the past 2 days. 

Putting those 2 things together, I reckon it will be Pearson.

55 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Just checked and as of 1 minute ago Pearson is 8/11 on Skybet. 

I make that £15 staked on that market then.

Could well be that Mel really wanted to give wass a crack at it but if he was nt ready or right for it Pearson was his choice ? Harry comes on board to give Mel an independent assessment on wass ( Mel may feel his judgement could be swayed by friendship/ sentiment) tells Pearson no appointment will be made until end of season but he is in the running and decides to let fate take its course ,if Pearson goes elsewhere in the mean time so be it ? 

let's get something clear, Pearson is NOT unemployed, he is just 'relieved' of his duties. If he takes another job before his agreement ends, he misses out on millions in bonuses!

Technically, he gets a league winning bonus, or avoid relegation bonus, depending on what was in his contract.

1 hour ago, SIWY said:

John Percy said on Monday that Derby would make a decision in 7-10 days which suggested to me that we had a pretty good idea of who we want to be manager, and there's been a he'll of a lot of money placed on Pearson over the past 2 days. 

Putting those 2 things together, I reckon it will be Pearson.

Or when the play off final has been played and steve Bruce has finished his season ! Would be interesting if he had got into the premier league if he would still come ?

we shall see.

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

Said it before, if Pearson was the man Mel wanted then he would be here by now. He is unemployed. 

Like it or not Darren will be the man in charge next season. 

Everyone is waiting for an announcement from Derby but nothing has changed. Mel wants a DOF and a head coach versed in the 'Derby Way' and Darren is that head coach. 

Wouldn't the same be said for Wassall? It would have been announced by now?

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

let's get something clear, Pearson is NOT unemployed, he is just 'relieved' of his duties. If he takes another job before his agreement ends, he misses out on millions in bonuses!

Technically, he gets a league winning bonus, or avoid relegation bonus, depending on what was in his contract.

They won't listen mate. I'm guessing 1st June there will be an announcement that Pearson will be our Manager/head coach and this was all agreed after sacking PC

3 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

I DON'T THINK SO. Managing in a tin pot league, currently at the bottom.

If he were any good I am sure Houston Dynamo would have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

They are more than happy to accommodate his desire to be nearer home. Everyone has their price

Archived