OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should give the job to Ryan Giggs.

Since Man Utd are reluctant to give him the chance.

Seems to me after the Moyes thing, they are now going down the Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea way, of only considering the top 5 or 6 managers in the world in terms of experience and trophies won in several countries. Im pretty sure Ancellotti, Mourinhio, Guadiola, Hijdink, and Van Gaal were once upon a time giving the opportunity to take their first managers job.

Just now, jagerbob said:

Seems to me after the Moyes thing, they are now going down the Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea way, of only considering the top 5 or 6 managers in the world in terms of experience and trophies won in several countries. Im pretty sure Ancellotti, Mourinhio, Guadiola, Hijdink, and Van Gaal were once upon a time giving the opportunity to take their first managers job.

it would be fun finding out how much Ryan has learnt from his illustrious career :) 

Just now, jagerbob said:

What has Ryan Giggs done to deserve it?

He's done far less than Paul Clement, in terms of coaching.

I mean, personally I'm OK with the idea. But most people seem so done with the idea of getting an inexperienced gamble in we'd be starting the season off on such a sour note from so many's perspective. 

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Ryan Giggs,the man who shags his brothers wife,surely we can find someone with better morals than this

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

No offence meant but I don't see the logic in that at all.

Giggs has spent his entire career at Man Utd, has minimal experience even as a assistant manager & has no prior experience of Championship level football at any stage of his career. You are assuming because he was a great player, he'd be a great manager - the managerial careers of Bryan Robson, Diego Maradona, Stan Matthews, Bobby Moore & Bobby Charlton are proof that one doesn't automatically lead to the other.

Just wish Clement got to see out the season. I reckon, and obviously my own opinion without fact, that we would have been a hell of a lot closer to autos than where we were at end, blip and all that.

But we panicked....... And this is where we are, I don't blame Clem, it's the guy at the top that's destabilised this place we love. Would love to see it all succeed, but it's a time now to suck it all up and get it right this time.

Get behind whoever it may be..... Can guarantee when Jim Smith was appointed there was plenty of disgruntlement about. Look what happened there.

Thats where I see the current situation we're in...... No where near the Jewell debacle others have suggested. Think we have slightly better players than then, underperforming yes no doubt, same as Jewells lot? Nah.

And one final point...... Yes I criticised Nigel Clough heavily especially in his final 12 months or so..... Doesn't mean I was "disloyal"..... I still find it strange we still need to harp back to his stewardship. My self included of course. 

THE I WANT GENERATION IS IN FULL FLOW

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just wish Clement got to see out the season. I reckon, and obviously my own opinion without fact, that we would have been a hell of a lot closer to autos than where we were at end, blip and all that.

But we panicked....... And this is where we are, I don't blame Clem, it's the guy at the top that's destabilised this place we love. Would love to see it all succeed, but it's a time now to suck it all up and get it right this time.

Get behind whoever it may be..... Can guarantee when Jim Smith was appointed there was plenty of disgruntlement about. Look what happened there.

Thats where I see the current situation we're in...... No where near the Jewell debacle others have suggested. Think we have slightly better players than then, underperforming yes no doubt, same as Jewells lot? Nah.

And one final point...... Yes I criticised Nigel Clough heavily especially in his final 12 months or so..... Doesn't mean I was "disloyal"..... I still find it strange we still need to harp back to his stewardship. My self included of course. 

THE I WANT GENERATION IS IN FULL FLOW

I disagree with the first two bits. Agree with the rest. 

Just now, toddy said:

nothing wrong in keeping it in the family....:lol:

It's usually the player wives here. So I'm told :ph34r:

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

Bit pessimistic maybe. I think to an outsider/ambitious manager, Derby is probably the best prospect of all the larger clubs in the Championship at the minute. Significant financial backing but without the fan entitlement that Villa, Newcastle, Leeds & (laughably) Forest will have to get up.

Totally agree that a manager with a proven track record is the direction we need to go - this is not a job for a rookie manager or a manager who prides ideology/set way of playing over results. The composition of the squad naturally lends itself to a passing style (so we're unlikely to go hoofball) but the addition of a couple new faces to change the style is all that might be needed to get those precious handful of victories to finish us in the top 2.

As a club, we're not a bad prospect. Far from it. We are in the top five of biggest clubs in the Championship and until recently, you would probably say top two or three in terms of how well the club is being run and most likely to succeed in the long term. But Mel Morris taking the reins and his actions and public remarks this campaign would do nothing to reassure me as an incoming manager. He is not the worst owner in the world, but does he come across as supportive, measured and smart in his thinking and decision-making? It is a big question mark.

The Mel Morris factor could sway the likes of Martinez and Pearson, especially when you have some equally tantalising challenges on offer. The Aston Villa and Newcastle jobs will be the ones that really whet the appetite of an ambitious manager. There is so much upside to getting it right at either of those clubs that you could probably gloss over many of the issues they are facing at present. Can we say the same here at Derby?

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

We hit the self destruct button mate just as we had done with lots of other matches that season. Constantly gave the ball away in vulnerable positions, especially in the high pressure games (excepting Brighton).  Sometimes I think there's a number of folks on here that suffer memory, loss or selective memory failure lol.

What you are suggesting is just not being good enough. Bottling it is being in a winning position and changing how you play as you can't deal with the pressure. The match against QPR was exactly the same as we played when up against a team who put the whole of their defence on the edge of the 18 yard box, and their midfield 10 yards in front.

You are right people do have selective memories, some just want to remember the good and some want to remember the worst, just the way it is.

Archived