OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I was pinning my hopes on Rodgers coming in, giving the time that has elapsed since PC was sacked and now it's slightly worrying there is no noise coming from anyone about even interviews.  I wonder if anyone we consider to come in will have reservations given that DW would be at the club.  There would always be a worry that as he as the owners ear that he will be undermining the new manager, not that he would of course, but it must be a consideration for any candidate.

I want a manager for the long term.  Not someone who uses as and sees us as a stepping stone , that's all Rogers is doing with celtic and would do the same with us . 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I want a manager for the long term.  Not someone who uses as and sees us as a stepping stone , that's all Rogers is doing with celtic and would do the same with us . 

If any manager is successful that will always be the risk, however I don't see the issue.  Southampton for example haven't done that bad, and I believe that managers who stay at a club to long become stagnant.

Also what is the alternative, a **** manager that stays with us because no one else wants him ? 

I really don't get the hype around Gary Rowett. I mean he did very well at Burton and took Birmingham from relegation candidates to top six challengers, but I just don't see anything in their team.

I watch Brum play and to me they're largely a boring, defensive team.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If any manager is successful that will always be the risk, however I don't see the issue.  Southampton for example haven't done that bad, and I believe that managers who stay at a club to long become stagnant.

Also what is the alternative, a **** manager that stays with us because no one else wants him ? 

Rodgers was never the man though I want someone who actually wants to be here like I said . If they motive on and do well good on them but I want them to want to be here in the first place.  

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I really don't get the hype around Gary Rowett. I mean he did very well at Burton and took Birmingham from relegation candidates to top six challengers, but I just don't see anything in their team.

I watch Brum play and to me they're largely a boring, defensive team.

He's someone with a decent record on an upward trajectory. But his main asset is not having the words Darren or Wassall in his name.

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Rodgers was never the man though I want someone who actually wants to be here like I said . If they motive on and do well good on them but I want them to want to be here in the first place.  

I've said it a few times, and notice he'd been mentioned in this thread earlier, but I really like Karl Robinson from MK Dons.

Young enough to grow with the club, but experienced enough to achieve promotion, able to spot a good young 'un and media friendly to boot.

I know they were just relegated, but league 1 is probably their level at the moment and he did the best he could.

I also like the way he's tactically flexible, at home they tried to go toe-to-toe football wise, he learned from that unlucky defeat and set them up completely different at the I-Pro, playing a style he admitted he didn't enjoy but getting the points, helped by the turmoil at Derby at the time, obviously. 

He'd be my target, outside of the big boys.

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've said it a few times, and notice he'd been mentioned in this thread earlier, but I really like Karl Robinson from MK Dons.

Young enough to grow with the club, but experienced enough to achieve promotion, able to spot a good young 'un and media friendly to boot.

I know they were just relegated, but league 1 is probably their level at the moment and he did the best he could.

I also like the way he's tactically flexible, at home they tried to go toe-to-toe football wise, he learned from that unlucky defeat and set them up completely different at the I-Pro, playing a style he admitted he didn't enjoy but getting the points, helped by the turmoil at Derby at the time, obviously. 

He'd be my target, outside of the big boys.

Good call , food for thought ! 

There's hardly a names in the hat who would get me excited.. as Clement did!

I'm still sticking with Gianni De Biasi, eventhough he might be bit unrealistic. Probably will move somewhere after the Euro's, so might as well try.

Flores                                                                  PPG is Points Per Game

Club                Years       As              Matches  PPG

Watford             15/16    Manager              44     1,30

Getafe CF         14/15    Manager              11     1,18

Al-Ain FC           13/14   Manager                3      2,00

Al-Ahli (UAE)      11/12   Manager

Atlético Madrid    09/10  Manager            102     1,46

Benfica               08/09   Manager              43     1,88

Valencia CF        07/08   Manager            108     1,76

Getafe CF          04/05    Manager             38     1,24

R. Madrid Youth  97/98 ) Manager

@tomkerry_ :@reluctantnicko you said earlier in the season Derby were looking at a few managers but they were all hard to get can you name them yet?

@reluctantnicko: @TomKerry_ Dyche hard. Pearson maybe. Warburton tricky. Rowett straightforward.

Nixon then goes on to say Pearson would be a good choice of Pearson wants the job

Archived