OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

No - he signed a new four year deal a day or so ago. I agree he'd be good for us, but what can we offer that Brighton can't?

I know it sounds arrogant but surely were a more attractive club in terms of facilities, potential, money etc than brighton? 

I didnt realise he had just signed a new contract! Also you qouted me before i edited my spelling mistakes :lol:

Plenty of reasons for and against most managers mentioned. I don't think there is a single stand out choice. Most are much of a muchness. I don't envy Mel and Sam at all in making this choice.

29 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

I know it sounds arrogant but surely were a more attractive club in terms of facilities, potential, money etc than brighton? 

I didnt realise he had just signed a new contract! Also you qouted me before i edited my spelling mistakes :lol:

I'm not sure we're any better than Brighton. They've got wealthy ambitious owners (who are apparently better at picking managers than Mel), a new stadium that's about the same size as ours and can be extended, good attendance figures and a new 'state of the art' training ground. I'm not saying that they're better than us, just that they are pretty much on a par, so why would a manager leave a position where things were going well for a new job with a very similar club?

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Apart from Pearson who has taken a team out of this division and kept them up. If its true that he fancied the job in January it is madness that we didn't employ him.

But what about his time at Hull? Finished 11th losing as many as he won. And that isn't mentioning his antics at the side of the pitch and in the press conferences.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

But what about his time at Hull? Finished 11th losing as many as he won. And that isn't mentioning his antics at the side of the pitch and in the press conferences.

They were in financial difficulties and were having to sell anyone who they could - they were in real turmoil. Once the new owners came in, Pearson was able to stabilise things. He started then next season well and they were a point outside the play-off places when Leicester came back in for him.

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure we're any better than Brighton. They've got wealthy ambitious owners (who are apparently better at picking managers than Mel), a new stadium that's about the same size as ours and can be extended, good attendance figures and a new 'state of the art' training ground. I'm not saying that they're better than us, just that they are pretty much on a par, so why would a manager leave a position where things were going well for a new job with a very similar club?

True!

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Sir Winston Churchill's record wasn't too good prior to 1940 (Dardenelles) nor in 1945 (lost the general election).

If Mel signs Suarez and Sturridge, DW will get us promoted and into Europe.

QED!

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

They were in financial difficulties and were having to sell anyone who they could - they were in real turmoil. Once the new owners came in, Pearson was able to stabilise things. He started then next season well and they were a point outside the play-off places when Leicester came back in for him.

Like I said plenty of reasons for and against everyone we are linked with. I don't have a preferred choice but then again I don't have a definitely not him either. I will just wait in anticipation and get behind whoever is appointed.

24 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Brighton Academy

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sequoia-group.co.uk%2F&psig=AFQjCNGVldEppwZ4ZefRiBkeOA93Ji1C0A&ust=1463851093305687

Hope it's Pearson now ,,, I reckon we could have got Rogers ,,, missed that boat ,,, sadly I reckon it's Wassall ,,, if it is all that excitement and optimism I felt when Mel came in goes flatter than a witches tit,

I was pinning my hopes on Rodgers coming in, giving the time that has elapsed since PC was sacked and now it's slightly worrying there is no noise coming from anyone about even interviews.  I wonder if anyone we consider to come in will have reservations given that DW would be at the club.  There would always be a worry that as he as the owners ear that he will be undermining the new manager, not that he would of course, but it must be a consideration for any candidate.

Hopefully its something that they resolve very quickly - they have had since Clement left to build plans of how the recruitment would be carried out.

I guess they held fire until the Hull game was over but the last thing the club needs is this to drag on for weeks.

Hopefully they are planning a long list already..

Archived