OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Sherwood did an excellent job at both Spurs and Villa, well until the rug was pulled from under his feet with the sale of Benteke, Delph and others.

if you isolate the performances from players under him, they usually thrive. He turned Adebayor and Benteke into world beaters, for example. 

He's an arrogant ****, but I think he would prove to be a great choice. I have no doubts that certain players would dramatically improve and he would do it with flair, passion, youth and, best of all, attacking football. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going from Clement to Colin would be hilarious. One summer we're trying to be this hipster club, hiring a Real Madrid coach and splashing cash on new players, trying to play the Derby "way".

The next summer we get Mr Championship in Warnock, who has hardly been renowned for his expansive style of football... 

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Warnock has just been interviewed on Sky Sports about why he has left Rotherham, he said (something like):

"I was watching the Plymouth play off game against Portsmouth and I decided, I want some of that, I want to manage in the Championship as that is the division I like, I want a club ready to be able to take up and leave them in the Premier League, I have had 7 promotions, no one has ever had 8 and I want 8"

When asked about the Villa job he said

"I think they have already made their decision on who will be their manager"

I reckon it could be Derby on a 12 month deal with Wassall as under-study.

Lets face it, he is like Billy Davies mark 2, you flipping hate him, but he will take you up.

Don't  like Warnock.  We don't want him at derby. 

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Warnock has just been interviewed on Sky Sports about why he has left Rotherham, he said (something like):

"I was watching the Plymouth play off game against Portsmouth and I decided, I want some of that, I want to manage in the Championship as that is the division I like, I want a club ready to be able to take up and leave them in the Premier League, I have had 7 promotions, no one has ever had 8 and I want 8"

When asked about the Villa job he said

"I think they have already made their decision on who will be their manager"

I reckon it could be Derby on a 12 month deal with Wassall as under-study.

Lets face it, he is like Billy Davies mark 2, you flipping hate him, but he will take you up.

Newcastle

Sherwood went up the coaching ladder from Academy to Head coach with Harry at Spurs so it isn't surprising to see him as favourite for our job.   But the idea of Warnock coming in for a year to sort us out and leave us in the prem. is very attractive. If he is serious in that that is what he wants to do then we are the ideal club for him ...............  he would merit everyone's respect because of his record. Having said that did he ever actually get Sheff U, over the final hurdle ??

I dont think Sherwood is a bad choice at all, still got alot to learn as a manager so we could end up in a similar situation to Clement.

Always thought he was a good motivator and coach but maybe lacked that tactical know how to make him a great manager. Spurs job was definitley above him at the time, the Villa mess was hardly his fault and they were no better without him.

Still not my first choice, but not a bad option.

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sherwood did an excellent job at both Spurs and Villa, well until the rug was pulled from under his feet with the sale of Benteke, Delph and others.

if you isolate the performances from players under him, they usually thrive. He turned Adebayor and Benteke into world beaters, for example. 

He's an arrogant ****, but I think he would prove to be a great choice. I have no doubts that certain players would dramatically improve and he would do it with flair, passion, youth and, best of all, attacking football. 

I think Arsene Wenger and Paul Lambert might want some of the credit. 

Heard Darren Wassall is becoming the most likely scenario as of this moment in time. Three reasons:

- Core players enjoy playing under him, regardless of the Hull debacle he's still held in high esteem

- He's allegedly well aware of potential transfer targets

- He's the most viable option financially. It's very unlikely we'll be bringing in a manager current employed elsewhere, and those out of contract and not likely to go elsewhere just don't fit the bill

14 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

No offence mate but the amount of people I've seen say exactly what you just said is funny 

I knew that was going to happen! Couldn't b assed to read all the posts, he's the man though! Without a doult! 

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Heard Darren Wassall is becoming the most likely scenario as of this moment in time. Three reasons:

- Core players enjoy playing under him, regardless of the Hull debacle he's still held in high esteem

- He's allegedly well aware of potential transfer targets

- He's the most viable option financially. It's very unlikely we'll be bringing in a manager current employed elsewhere, and those out of contract and not likely to go elsewhere just don't fit the bill

Rowett is the bookies favourite followed by Wassall. Hes currently employed so not sure why employing someone like him would be very unlikely. But I do get the impression that the players prefer Wassall to Clement, in fact I know some do.

Archived