Stick or Twist?

The_Sheriff

Now our play-off place is cemented would you shuffle the pack or keep the same 11?

Personally I think we have such quality in depth now would be a good opportunity to see what they have got.

The likes of Bent,Wiemann, Camara ETC have been bitterly disappointed to not have more game time. Also it is a good chance to see if some youth like Zanzala, Mitchell and the guy on the bench last night can cut it.

Additionally it makes sense to rest key players to avoid suspensions and injuries such as Thorne, Ince, Shackell as we surely want to go into the play-off games with our best players available.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting argument.

I don't think he'll change a lot, maybe bring some youngsters on the bench - like last night, but won't go over board.

Resting players is all well and good, but it can equally knock you off your game. We've seen it already under Clement that when the players come back into the team they're half asleep for the next game.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's an interesting argument.

I don't think he'll change a lot, maybe bring some youngsters on the bench - like last night, but won't go over board.

Resting players is all well and good, but it can equally knock you off your game. We've seen it already under Clement that when the players come back into the team they're half asleep for the next game.

More often than not they seemed half asleep regardless of if they were rested or not.

now we are driven forward by Bryson, and now we pass forward quicker, the likes of Blackman and Weimann deserve a start. if we make it to Wembley I would ve pretty sure we will need our reserve strikers in some kind of form with at least a thirty minutes under their belts. Will also needs a start too. Probably the Ipswich or even the Brighton game.

2 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

You want to keep momentum going, I wouldn't change too much. Plus I'm still convinced finishing fourth would be advantageous..

Certainly a boost to celebrate advancement to Wembley at home rather than away. (Also a decent advantage to play away first with the lack of away goals)

It was unfortunate how close the game was yesterday, Wassall was clearly reluctant to make changes as we were on top but only winning by a goal. Understandable. 

Sheff Wed game could see some early changes if we're on top by more than one goal, I think. 

The situation was different in that we were up automatically but Jim Smith did that and the senior players sat amongst the away fans. At the end of the game they all went down onto the pitch and did a curtain call thank you to us. Much appreciated.

We need to finish fourth if possible, beat Sheff Wed convincingly and hopefully  not lose at Brighton. I would not play Thorne or Hughes at Brighton. A big injury now would be a very bad thing. Give Zanzala ten minutes if we are beating Sheff Wed after 80 minutes. Whenever possible put a different U21 player on the bench as a reward for a great season.

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We need to finish fourth if possible, beat Sheff Wed convincingly and hopefully  not lose at Brighton. I would not play Thorne or Hughes at Brighton. A big injury now would be a very bad thing. Give Zanzala ten minutes if we are beating Sheff Wed after 80 minutes. Whenever possible put a different U21 player on the bench as a reward for a great season.

Pretty sure he's still injured (shoulder)

32 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Play our strongest 11, only change if we have to. Been searching for momentum literally all season why chop and change now?

Because it would be a major blow if we didn't have key players available for the play off! Could be the difference in winning it.

2 hours ago, igorlegend said:

now we are driven forward by Bryson, and now we pass forward quicker, the likes of Blackman and Weimann deserve a start. if we make it to Wembley I would ve pretty sure we will need our reserve strikers in some kind of form with at least a thirty minutes under their belts. Will also needs a start too. Probably the Ipswich or even the Brighton game.

They should only 'deserve a start' based on what they are showing in training surely?

The change in Wassall is remarkable. Lowe's interview on Ramsplayer is an eye opener - future England player for sure.

Wassall cannot really lose his credibility this season now. He has developed the U21s to become Championship winners and turned the Rams into the team that we all wanted to see. If we continue to play like this then we can ask no more. If we are beaten by a better team then that is football but no team would choose to play us in this form. The players believe that they can go up. Bryson looks like a £6 million signing at the moment. The group has a built in memory of playing this style of football that can look telepathic at times. COYR

1 hour ago, mike93rh said:

You want to keep momentum going, I wouldn't change too much. Plus I'm still convinced finishing fourth would be advantageous..

Psychologically absolutely. I have never been convinced by the home/away playoff argument myself but, since everyone else seems to accept it, presumably players do too.

Archived