Stick or Twist?

The_Sheriff

Definitely stick against Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday. We beat them we get the edge if/when we play them in the play offs. 

Just don't gamble with knocks and niggles.

id like to see Ince, Martin, Bryson and Thorne rested though. Could give Camara, Blackman, Hughes and Hanson some game time Incase called upon as I see them as the replacements if injury strikes, and in that order too

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Definitely stick against Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday. We beat them we get the edge if/when we play them in the play offs. 

Just don't gamble with knocks and niggles.

id like to see Ince, Martin, Bryson and Thorne rested though. Could give Camara, Blackman, Hughes and Hanson some game time Incase called upon as I see them as the replacements if injury strikes, and in that order too

Nah! lets hussle them. go with a 'weakened' team play a different way and just win 1-0 then in the play-offs spank them. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

They should only 'deserve a start' based on what they are showing in training surely?

as professional footballers, and as we are in play offs are more pressing reasons to give them game time than how they perform in training. Very hard to gauge training performance unless it involves full blooded matches.

56 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Under no circumstances should we change a thing, let a settled team grow together in confidence.

brave words. End of a long season, three dead rubbers followed by three highly competitive games ..... Surely we will rotate some players ?

51 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

as professional footballers, and as we are in play offs are more pressing reasons to give them game time than how they perform in training. Very hard to gauge training performance unless it involves full blooded matches.

I think continuity, team spirit, winning mentality should all come before giving players a run out.

Let's not forget it's only last month that a lot of fans lambasted Wassall for doing just that.

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think continuity, team spirit, winning mentality should all come before giving players a run out.

Let's not forget it's only last month that a lot of fans lambasted Wassall for doing just that.

so lets all clap and placate him. Cool. Why bring hum into debate and his past errors?

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

so lets all clap and placate him. Cool. Why bring hum into debate and his past errors?

Well if it was an error to give players a run out against Rotherham I don't understand why you would want him to make the same error again?

I could understand some changes, shackell and Ollson who are possibly carrying knocks but form/confidence players like the attackers have to carry on playing. When they're in the groove they must play because we know it may not last forever. Russell for example is playing the best he has all season would you risk knocking him off his stride by giving him limited football?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if it was an error to give players a run out against Rotherham I don't understand why you would want him to make the same error again?

I agree. You do not understand football and context. I cease to be amazed how you feel all clubs that rotate players are wrong. How you feel Rotherham where a CDM was replaced with a striker, not a like for like change, should prevent us resting say Butterfield for Hughes, Russell forBlackman.

and fyi the context of already being in the play offs is way different to our struggles to get in the play offs when we played Rotherham.

for your ignorance of context, and ignorance of considering why other clubs rotate and rest players you are now on ignore. Many good views to be read on this site....yours are clearly from a biased and ignorant perspective.

1 minute ago, igorlegend said:

I agree. You do not understand football and context. I cease to be amazed how you feel all clubs that rotate players are wrong. How you feel Rotherham where a CDM was replaced with a striker, not a like for like change, should prevent us resting say Butterfield for Hughes, Russell forBlackman.

and fyi the context of already being in the play offs is way different to our struggles to get in the play offs when we played Rotherham.

for your ignorance of context, and ignorance of considering why other clubs rotate and rest players you are now on ignore. Many good views to be read on this site....yours are clearly from a biased and ignorant perspective.

I won't put you on ignore because I enjoy reading your anti DCFC and Wassall drivel that is in no way biased.

Bye x

1 hour ago, igorlegend said:

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Derby have five or six matches left to play this season. I have Sky and Ramsplayer. Sheff Wed and Brighton already on Sky. PlayOffs will be on Sky so four out of five or five out of six Derby games will be on TV for sure

Me too - but I won't see any of them on the tellybox.

Certain players could more easily be rested than others, I guess.

I'd have no problem with Shacks sitting out a game between now and the Play Offs for instance, seems a naturally fit boy and knows all there is to know about his job.

I still wouldn't rush Hughes back, from everything I've heard from ex-pros etc, it takes at least 6/7 full games to reach full match fitness after pre-season, never mind after a serious injury, he won't be ready no matter how much we wish it, 15 minute cameo at Wembley to close the win out at best.

Butterfield needs keeping in, I'll admit I had him pegged as a Championship Joe Allen, neat and tidy but, long range goals aside, not really hurtful to the opposition. 

By both accident and design, since Wass has come in he's changed my mind, a quick look at his position maps on WhoScored.com shows he's consistently playing further forward these last half dozen games, the furthest forward midfielder of the 3, under Clement he seemed unsure of exactly what his role was, sometimes playing so deep he was in Thorne's pocket, he's been a key part of our good form recently, so lets make him feel he's nailed down his spot.

Of the rest, start them and make subs earlier than usual if you want to keep em fresh, apart from Martin, who according to one poster a few years ago doesn't need a rest, as he spends 50% of every game lying down anyway!:D

Archived