Stick or Twist?

The_Sheriff

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Certain players could more easily be rested than others, I guess.

I'd have no problem with Shacks sitting out a game between now and the Play Offs for instance, seems a naturally fit boy and knows all there is to know about his job.

I still wouldn't rush Hughes back, from everything I've heard from ex-pros etc, it takes at least 6/7 full games to reach full match fitness after pre-season, never mind after a serious injury, he won't be ready no matter how much we wish it, 15 minute cameo at Wembley to close the win out at best.

Butterfield needs keeping in, I'll admit I had him pegged as a Championship Joe Allen, neat and tidy but, long range goals aside, not really hurtful to the opposition. 

By both accident and design, since Wass has come in he's changed my mind, a quick look at his position maps on WhoScored.com shows he's consistently playing further forward these last half dozen games, the furthest forward midfielder of the 3, under Clement he seemed unsure of exactly what his role was, sometimes playing so deep he was in Thorne's pocket, he's been a key part of our good form recently, so lets make him feel he's nailed down his spot.

Of the rest, start them and make subs earlier than usual if you want to keep em fresh, apart from Martin, who according to one poster a few years ago doesn't need a rest, as he spends 50% of every game lying down anyway!:D

If there's one player close to Allen in Championship, it's Bryson. But then again, Bryson is very, very rich man's Allen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been crying out for a settled side and a first choice unchanged every week side. We seem to have that at the moment so I wouldn't be comfortable with big changes. I really feel for Bent and Weiman particularly, but now is not the moment to change the recipe ... Subs, 15 minute cameos if we are winning comfortably but we mustn't lose sight of the main event. 

17 minutes ago, Norman said:

I see what you mean. It's like Wanchope and Bennett.

Futurama-Fry.jpg

I'll never stop being utterly intrigued by the topics that encourage people to post for the first time. Welcome to the forum, Norman.

Wassell rotate..We dont even use all 3 subs anymore :lol:

Think someone already said play the 1st XI once a week. I personally would like to see, what Camara can do over 70 mins, Hughes to start a game, Blackman score a goal & Guy to have his debut. 

Thank you. My reasons will all become clear very soon. I have a thread to start that involves a holiday, a girlfriend, a potential break-up, a 70th Birthday, a private jet and Wembley But first i must have 20? or so posts of nonsense to enable me to start a thread.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Thank you. My reasons will all become clear very soon. I have a thread to start that involves a holiday, a girlfriend, a potential break-up, a 70th Birthday, a private jet and Wembley But first i must have 20? or so posts of nonsense to enable me to start a thread.

:lol:

Well, that's intriguing. 

Just now, reveldevil said:

Why don't you start the thread for him SR?

The suspense is too much!

@Norman Where do you need the the thread and what should it be called? :lol:

Well, i'm not too sure at the moment. 

Maybe i'll PM you the title and text and you can post it up, preferably in Rams Talk.

But maybe i won't. I wouldn't hold me to it, it's a complicated post that involves a Rental Minbus, a plastic fan and some Candy Crush points as well as the aforementioned items.

Probably a poll too.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Well, i'm not too sure at the moment. 

Maybe i'll PM you the title and text and you can post it up, preferably in Rams Talk.

But maybe i won't. I wouldn't hold me to it, it's a complicated post that involves a Rental Minbus, a plastic fan and some Candy Crush points as well as the aforementioned items.

Probably a poll too.

Well, you're certainly an interesting fellow :lol:

I'm now actually eagerly awaiting Norman to hit 20 posts or whatever it is.

Just post a load of ***** in The Pub and you'll be there in no time. I'm sure everyone is waiting to hear what you're having for tea tonight ;)

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well, you're certainly an interesting fellow :lol:

It's a classic tale of fate. One which is underpinned by a strong moral standpoint and takes a dramatic twist with an inheritance windfall and a handful of Muespach's favourite supporters.

58 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's a classic tale of fate. One which is underpinned by a strong moral standpoint and takes a dramatic twist with an inheritance windfall and a handful of Muespach's favourite supporters.

Will there be beer?

19 hours ago, Norman said:

I can't stand the guys in lycra.

On 21/04/2016 at 10:13, jono said:

We've been crying out for a settled side and a first choice unchanged every week side. We seem to have that at the moment so I wouldn't be comfortable with big changes. I really feel for Bent and Weiman particularly, but now is not the moment to change the recipe ... Subs, 15 minute cameos if we are winning comfortably but we mustn't lose sight of the main event. 

Would 3-0 up with 10 to play be a good time then?:ph34r:

22 hours ago, Norman said:

There will be beer, a Wimpy and probably some factor 40. 

Will you hurry up and get to 20 posts already 

Archived