Brighton away

Tamworthram

48 minutes ago, BhaVisitor said:

That is funny. Our ground cant be extended. Most in the know know that.

Considering that until 5 years ago we were in put u up stands at an athletic stadium and without a home for many years prior to that, I am delighted with our current home. It wasn't long ago our only desire was to remain a league club or even a club at all, so you can maybe understand why some are becoming excited at this time.

Again, not dissing your away support, you lot have always traveled well and have been good quality. But don't knock ours either.

If we were within a 2 hour drive of 50% of the countries league clubs, I reckon we would take even more away. As it is, 2 hours barely gets us to the closest league club (not including Crawley BTW!)

I still haven't thawed out from attending a match at that Withdean hell-hole

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BhaVisitor said:

Bit odd. You guys have an initial allocation of 1485 and return 400. All are a bit surprised you are only bringing 1000 but fully understandable giving the situation.

Then your club announce you are sold out at over 1600.

Can we assume the 400 was returned or not required from the maximum allocation we said you can have of 2000?

Out of interest, where did the 400 returned news come from?

1 hour ago, BhaVisitor said:

That is funny. Our ground cant be extended. Most in the know know that.

Considering that until 5 years ago we were in put u up stands at an athletic stadium and without a home for many years prior to that, I am delighted with our current home. It wasn't long ago our only desire was to remain a league club or even a club at all, so you can maybe understand why some are becoming excited at this time.

Again, not dissing your away support, you lot have always traveled well and have been good quality. But don't knock ours either.

If we were within a 2 hour drive of 50% of the countries league clubs, I reckon we would take even more away. As it is, 2 hours barely gets us to the closest league club (not including Crawley BTW!)

Could swear that sky said you'd taken 7k to Milton Keynes recently. 

Unless you all packed on the direct train service that must have been a trek.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

No we took about 5k there at mk dons early in the season and brighton only gave us 1600 to start off with we could easly sell more.

We sent 400 back to Brighton, so I don't agree.

if it was on Saturday and not on sky I'd agree.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Also Brighton fans are not in the position to talk about away support tbf. 

I was laughing reading on Brighton forum about extending stadium to 40k haha. Where were you guys last season? :S 

To be fair our average attendance this season has been pretty much the same as last season. 

On 26 April 2016 at 19:51, SimonBHA said:

I think you have to give guarantee the away side the opportunity to sell 2,000 or 10% (whatever is lower) tickets, so Derby had 1485 but if they had sold them out they could ask for and would have to be granted more. "following discussions with Derby County, an additional 400 tickets will be available" says to me that Derby have said to BHA that 1,485 will be enough and they don't need any more rather than "here's some back". Wouldn't hold your breath for any unsold Derby tickets to be released to us as it's not that simple, you have to be 14 seats from an aisle exit and the concourse has to be split to have enough space and facilities for the away end etc. When BHA says its sold out now, I'm pretty sure they mean it. Only tickets available now will be on ticket exchange.

Quoting myself as it seems no one read it the first time. Pretty certain Derby didn't return 400, just agreed to let us have 400 that they could have been entitled too if they wanted them. 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You only gave us 1600 that all you gave us check our website mate

Yeah, but we are still holding Solly March hostage chained to a radiator in the bowels of the Ipro. Cut them some slack B4. It's all part of the negotiations.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You only gave us 1600 that all you gave us check our website mate

If you're talking to me I'm not disputing that. I'm agreeing as you didn't send any back.

Our club website said that after discussions with Derby another 400 tickets were available. Hence people wrongly assuming some were returned. They were not.

Clubs are entitled to 2k, you took 1.6k. BHA can only sell the additional 400 tickets that you're entitled to after you agreed you wouldn't need/want them. 

31 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Derby County have an amazing fan base for the size of the City. Got to be one of the highest percentages of local people going to matches compared to the City population.

I've never lived in Derby and none of my mates or family have. So I suppose there is the surrounding area too.

Archived