Brighton away

Tamworthram

cant make this one as I broke my wrist before the Bristol game. Don't want to get arrested for waving a limp wrist in the air.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think its just for what you mentioned - BHMonday, some distance, on Sky. Perfect storm for anyone less than the regular away travellers.

Also, no longer the last away game of the season which is usually popular. I'll be there though. 

I don't know what the real capacity is at the Amex. 30,750 is the number of seats, but they include seats not available to the public/fans because of segregation and other reasons. I think this is the first time Ticket Exchange has been in operation since the capacity was increased to the maximum possible. Ticket Exchange is a system where fans who cannot make it can sell their tickets, which was used with frequent capacity crowds in the first two seasons at the Amex before the new seats arrived on the slow boat from China.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-GB/events/albion%20v%20derby%20county/2016-5-2_14.30/american%20express%20community%20stadium?hallmap&qit&q=22c5a2dc-75c4-4699-b900-ae4773ef6bcd&p=c6a95869-9a9e-4b7a-b9f5-439ea49d4b65&ts=1461686856&c=bhafc&e=bhafcq&rt=Safetynet&h=b9cb855848364789cb6c2eecdfb24714  

The usual remit is to arrive an hour before KO at Brighton train station or the designated park and ride car parks. Train staff are in an industrial dispute so there could be "work to rule". Combined with holiday crowds (usually means longer trains) but I suspect there will be delays for safety reasons. Current record crowd is 30,278 v Arsenal, but they took their ful allocation and there were no seats blocked off for segregation. It was sold out v Burnley and the attendance was under 30,000 but Burnley did not take their full allocation and there were empty seats in the away section. 

Travel guide:  http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/travel-guide-april14229-1169722.pdf

1 hour ago, BhaVisitor said:

But they have returned 400 tickets. 

Cant figure out if those returned were from the initial 1485 allocation or a larger one. 

I think you have to give guarantee the away side the opportunity to sell 2,000 or 10% (whatever is lower) tickets, so Derby had 1485 but if they had sold them out they could ask for and would have to be granted more. "following discussions with Derby County, an additional 400 tickets will be available" says to me that Derby have said to BHA that 1,485 will be enough and they don't need any more rather than "here's some back". Wouldn't hold your breath for any unsold Derby tickets to be released to us as it's not that simple, you have to be 14 seats from an aisle exit and the concourse has to be split to have enough space and facilities for the away end etc. When BHA says its sold out now, I'm pretty sure they mean it. Only tickets available now will be on ticket exchange.

9 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

I think you have to give guarantee the away side the opportunity to sell 2,000 or 10% (whatever is lower) tickets, so Derby had 1485 but if they had sold them out they could ask for and would have to be granted more. "following discussions with Derby County, an additional 400 tickets will be available" says to me that Derby have said to BHA that 1,485 will be enough and they don't need any more rather than "here's some back". Wouldn't hold your breath for any unsold Derby tickets to be released to us as it's not that simple, you have to be 14 seats from an aisle exit and the concourse has to be split to have enough space and facilities for the away end etc. When BHA says its sold out now, I'm pretty sure they mean it. Only tickets available now will be on ticket exchange.

It really annoys me to see empty seats due to so much segregation, police/stewards need to man up.

Especially when I'm trying to win a luxery cashmere scarf based on the attendance! 

On 4/26/2016 at 10:13, SaintRam said:

I don't want to clutter the competition thread stickied where we guess attendances, but I really wanted to tell @Mostyn6 that his guess is 100 more than their capacity.

Brghton may get the Mostyn their history for this game, or at least Mostyn6 years..:thumbsup:

Bit odd. You guys have an initial allocation of 1485 and return 400. All are a bit surprised you are only bringing 1000 but fully understandable giving the situation.

Then your club announce you are sold out at over 1600.

Can we assume the 400 was returned or not required from the maximum allocation we said you can have of 2000?

5 minutes ago, BhaVisitor said:

Bit odd. You guys have an initial allocation of 1485 and return 400. All are a bit surprised you are only bringing 1000 but fully understandable giving the situation.

Can we assume the 400 was returned or not required from the maximum allocation we said you can have of 2000?

Even then it wouldn't make sense with a few more days left!

10 minutes ago, BhaVisitor said:

We're taking over 1600 I can confirmed that. My sources just text me and said it! 

Also Brighton fans are not in the position to talk about away support tbf. 

I was laughing reading on Brighton forum about extending stadium to 40k haha. Where were you guys last season? :S 

That is funny. Our ground cant be extended. Most in the know know that.

Considering that until 5 years ago we were in put u up stands at an athletic stadium and without a home for many years prior to that, I am delighted with our current home. It wasn't long ago our only desire was to remain a league club or even a club at all, so you can maybe understand why some are becoming excited at this time.

Again, not dissing your away support, you lot have always traveled well and have been good quality. But don't knock ours either.

If we were within a 2 hour drive of 50% of the countries league clubs, I reckon we would take even more away. As it is, 2 hours barely gets us to the closest league club (not including Crawley BTW!)

Archived